Sometimes you just have to find the time.... and take it...

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Ever since my son was born, I’ve had a lot less time to play. This time diminished even more once the twins came. I’m lucky if I get to play 20 min a week… really lucky.

Last week, I was traveling for work and picked up an Ibanez SA260 for really really cheap… $75.

I haven’t had much time to mess with it, but I couldn’t get the action just right. I decided to call different places yesterday to get pricing on getting a set up done. Again, I have been doing my own setups for the last few weeks. The pricing I heard ranged from $60 - $80!!! I couldn’t justify spending that much cash for a guitar that cost me $75.

Well, my twins got up at 5 this morning. Even though they went back to bed, I couldn’t so I decided to tinker with the guitar a bit. After 15 min, I finally got her set up perfectly!!! I didn’t take long at all. Not only did I get the action to just where I like it, I was also to set up the trem to float instead of having it rest against the body. I find the strings slinkier to play that way and I can do nice little flutters with the trem.

I couldn’t believe I was going to spend that cash for something so easy.

WTG! With little one's at home, it's amazing where time to do things will show up. Without the little ones, you would NEVER think of doing that setup at that time of the morning. :yawn:

For me it was always the struggle of deciding if you wanted the stompbox or feeding my twins for a couple more days.

Luckily finances are much better.

Back