Sometimes "NO!" means "NOOOOOOOO!"

That's less than $4/quill. Not too bad! :tongue:

Well, as you can imagine, they had to knock him out, then pull them, so I imagine that's where a lot of the cost went......

I pulled a bunch out of him in the garage with pliers, but obviously, he wouldn't sit still, and there were way too many to get all of them.

So, he didn't ingest any of the quills?

I guess not.

Apparently, this is pretty standard stuff at the vet up here.
They weren't the least bit surprised to see him like that.
The Vet Girl just went "Yep........let me guess, he's really sweet but dumber than a bag of bricks."
"Yep, that pretty much sums it up."
"Yeah, mine too.....anyway, it's going to be a few hours......."

That looks painful! Dexter mojo.

A friend of mine's dog had a similar run-in with a skunk years ago. I think the porcupine is much worse.

That has nothing to do with being a stupid dog,(someone wrote that above). Dogs will do stuff like that. They don't get to watch the nature channel and have no idea about quills. I once had that happen to a yellow lab that I was training . It looks like shit but is very fixable. If you're gonna be in or around a wooded area with your pup you always expect the unexpected. For both owner and the dog the benefits of being in the forest far out weigh the risks..Good times..

I've never eaten porcupine but I've heard that it is good..

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/68847-Eat-Porcupine

Last edited:
Mojo. $750 vet bill outs tough to swallow when you aren't planning on it, but it could have been much worse.

Healing mojo to Dexter, and your wallet.

Trainer fail.

No wonder you have cats now.
You're obviously without a clue in regards to training..

And that's ok....Most have no idea..

I have cats because I live in a condo and don't have desire to make trips outside so they can relieve themselves,(stupid dogs can't be litter trained),LOL...

My cats are trained...Most don't know that we can train cats...Mine will sit,lay down,etc on command..I don't need an alarm clock...

Do I miss having a dog? Yup,big time..

I was at my Dads b-day party on Sat and my youngest sister had her two rescues with her..Needless to say they got the majority of my attn...

Trainer fail? Nope....

Back