Something's happening here. What it is ain't exactly clear.

That, and there's a sense of humor that is in short supply elsewhere. (edit) I'd just about guarantee that if I had posted this on one of those other forums one of the first 5 words of the first response would have been "troll". Then I would have been reported to the forum monitor who would have been on my butt immediately. It's good to find a place that gets it. Thanks for that Mark.

:troll:

I've been looking for a reason to use this for ages

:barney:

According to the chart you are unknown...

image.jpg

Last edited:
Beachbum, I can't ban you right now, but rest assured I will ban you as soon as I get home from work. We have no room for an agitator. Well, no room for another agitator, the agitator room was already pretty full and then a couple of the other agitators brought dates and those damn goats make such ruckus I can barely hear Blanchard's banjo solo.

I think we have a really good crew here. I think the fact that many members have met in real life helps a lot with the feeling of the forum, as does the small size. The lack of politics, religion and other topics also helps keep things pretty smooth. Also, our membership base is older than many forums, so there is less of what one might call 'swaggering bravado' than many other forums and more real world experience presented as informed opinion. The experience here also helps a lot, as we have a lot of pro musicians and some real gear builders who share their experiences in a kind way with less experienced guys like me. Give me one pro teacher with an explanation over 100 idiots trying to regurgitate some old GP article on modes. Give me a guitar builder to explain why he uses a specific type of wood over the thousand of tone snob bozos on the web. Anyway, the whole mix just works. It is shame you are now banned and can't see it anymore.

I love that term. A guy I worked with once got that as a comment from a peer reviewer on an article he submitted for publication. I saved that little nugget as a brilliant way to slam someone in a scientific review. I felt like using it because it makes me chuckle every time I type it.

If I recall correctly, the comment in the original review was "The work is wholly meretricious. the discussion is so heavy handed it comes off as pure swaggering bravado". The guy showed us all the review and said, "well, at least it is meretricious", thinking that this mean that it had merit. Our boss at the time told him the word actually means gaudy.

Beachbum might be saved, as if I get rid of two recent agitators, and their goats, we might have some room.

Ah, you are a lightweight, and do not rise to a level deserving of my contempt. :rd:

Give me one pro teacher with an explanation over 100 idiots trying to regurgitate some old GP article on modes. Give me a guitar builder to explain why he uses a specific type of wood over the thousand of tone snob bozos on the web. Anyway, the whole mix just works. It is shame you are now banned and can't see it anymore.

I resent your implication, you wholly meretricious, swaggering bravadeer! It just so happens that I am one of those idiots, and a tone snob bozo, to boot!

( :facepalm: Dude, I am soooooo banned)

Back