Somebody here is getting a new Sievert

Bob411

thrumming with potential
Parroty thread to Somebody here is getting a new Kauer. :grin:

I, Bob Sievert, "amp builder to the stars" have been commissioned to take a head, in a very strange metal enclosure, and turn it into a combo. People coming to my house, and bringing me stuff to play with. It really doesn't get any better than this.

P1090607.JPG

Not sure. All I know how to do is make things pretty. :grin: Maybe the owner will peek their head in here.

Yes, I've looked at the pic three times, and every time, I say to myself, "oh, that's where my keys are".

If this is what I think it is, this head is going in there with a 10 inch Celestion.

DSCF9916_zpsc47f3b2a.jpg

DSCF9920_zps7ae27761.jpg

I was having a hard time selling it so Bob agreed to help me out by building a cabinet. I took a ride to the middle of nowhere on Sunday to drop the amp off and meet Bob and his family. They are very nice people. Bob insisted that I stay for lunch but I had to get going so I couldn't.

Bob, I forgot to mention that I will need a handle on that so I can take it to class with me. Just let me know what I owe you. Thanks.

I get the wood box, but the unicycle and carpet glue and used paper towels will make for an decidedly interesting design. The ultimate in a portable amp?

I get the wood box, but the unicycle and carpet glue and used paper towels will make for an decidedly interesting design. The ultimate in a portable amp?

Those will be incorporated for the ultimate Reitze Amplicycle sidecar for...
:grin:
7ca6b13f.jpg

(not meant to reflect upon your fine work) :thu:

Last edited:

Added another layer of wood around where amp sits. Can't have face of chassis flush with front of amp, needs to be recessed, so it can hang down over speaker.

Cut the hole for the speaker, and had just enough epoxy left to set the screws in. Thought it was funny, the bowl that worked for the hole is this one. :grin:

Unicycle: , and bicycles, and lawnmower, that just is what is in the garage this time of year. You take the good with the bad.

Carpet glue: It was handy. When I was cutting the wood, none of the kids were home to stand on it, so I grabbed a couple of buckets.

Used paper towels: I really, really like working on amps.

A couple of thoughts, need some executive decisions from PK...

So, the amp will be upside down. What about putting the amp at the bottom, and the speaker at the top? Then you don't need to re-label the controls. Not many controls on the amp so, it wouldn't be that bad if they were upside down. I haven't gone shopping for fabric yet/don't know what I'll find available. The pink zebra that I put on the Kustom is a strong possibility, if I find more. When I did the Kustom, I tried chrome corners on it, and I really didn't like it. Thought it looked so much better with black corners. How would you feel about painting the face of the amp black?

I'd really prefer if the amp is on top. As for the fabric, whatever you can find is fine. I don't care if it's pink, orange, blue, or whatever. I do like the zebra print if you can find it. The amp face can be black. Black corners are fine too.

Looking at the second photo, you'll need to cut some holes or open up the top for the tubes and transformer to fit if the amp panel is to stay in the small front opening. Personally, I'd love it that way. There's no room for a handle though.

P1090677.JPG

So, I picked 4, and bought tiny samples. Really liking how the purple takes the Mod Podge.
P1090676.JPG

Got the fabric on and, one coat of modpodge.

P1090737.JPG

Attachments

• P1090740.JPG
    P1090740.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 54
  • P1090742.JPG
    P1090742.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 53
  • P1090744.JPG
    P1090744.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 50
It looks great, Bob. For some reason I missed the previous post with the fabric choices. I'm glad you chose the purple.

Back