Some new art for my band....

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
... it's a little busy but I think it's kinda cool.

655-1494941601-4c4876329e5a1c5215928d4ce702bda4.png

It's been a stressful couple of weeks with my job change, the band changing members, my oldest daughter's wedding coming up, and meanwhile all the new logos, promos, booking, stickers, shirts, etc fall on me.

Fortunately the music is starting to fall together. We've only had a handful of practices (hell, we've almost had as many GIGS as practices :embarrassed: )

The E needs to be lower...it will be easier to read.

yeah and maybe the capitalize the h, or make it a bit bigger.

How is this band different than the bums?

Anyway if ya ever make it Detroit/Ann Arbor way I'll come check you guys out if possible.

yeah and maybe the capitalize the h, or make it a bit bigger.

How is this band different than the bums?

Anyway if ya ever make it Detroit/Ann Arbor way I'll come check you guys out if possible.

I may play with that a bit. I'm using a font that's based on the Beatles Hard Day's Night so actually the G, R, oove, and head are four elements. With "roove" and "head" I adjusted size and spacing and only the R really pissed me off on where it would and wouldn't space, so I broke it out separately. I can break out the other letters if I need to, but it adds complexity when I have to apply moves, sizes, and filters to even more layers.

I may just space out the "head" letters a little more.

Much of the Bum's set list lives on (hard to completely retool 4 hours of music in 3 practices) but we are really ramping up the funky and dance elements, adding a little motown, and despite easing off of the slow Buffett style jams, the reggae is actually better. Our new drummer can play some proper 1drop and samba rhythms so the reggae songs are getting a new life. We just have to actually get to every song in our set list in the practices.
The songs we've covered at practice sound great... but throughout our last show we would get to a song on the set list and think "oh shit, we never practiced this one" and would either just play it on the fly or move some songs around.

Some of the new songs we played that the Bums never did were 311 "All Mixed Up", Bill Withers "Use Me", "Released" from The Band, "Under the Bridge" from RHCP, and updated versions of "One Day" from Matisayu, "Get Down on It" from Kool and the Gang, and a handful of others.

The Bums were together for 3 1/2 years.... the Grooveheads have been together for 3 1/2 WEEKS. :helper:

I'm sure we will hit Detroit as some point... our Keyboard player is from D-town (has a 313 sticker on the side of his Nord.)

Just my opinion but it's a bit too busy and hard to read
Maybe if the letters were spread out a bit more?
I like the idea of the band pics inside the letters but it seems to just be a little jumbled to me.
This. Too busy.

Ask yourself: what is the purpose of your pictures in the letters? Yeah, it's cool, especially if it's your pic. But, does it matter to the intended audience?

I dig the shirt.

Back