Some Holdsworth Clips from last night...

Is he actually playing the Carvins these days? I know he was really all about the DeLap guitars for the better part of the endorsement of the original signature model (which is still theoretically my favorite Carvin). But it does look like the guitar might be a black headless Carvin Holdsworth.

Is he actually playing the Carvins these days? I know he was really all about the DeLap guitars for the better part of the endorsement of the original signature model (which is still theoretically my favorite Carvin). But it does look like the guitar might be a black headless Carvin Holdsworth.

He plays Carvin Holdsworth models. The DeLap's are a thing of the past and he even had a few other prototypes - one from Yamaha and another that he configured but the Carvin has been his main guitar for now.

Here is one of Al's Carvins - Beautiful guitar!!! (2013)

Crazy Finger's On Al's Guitar - Shrunk.jpg

Here is one of Al's DeLaps that is owned by a friend (2010)

Holding Al's DeLap Guitar.jpg

Cool. I saw this lineup twice a couple years ago. I'm still trying to decide if I want to see him again if he comes around Ohio this year. I love Allan's playing, but he's been playing exactly the same setlist for a decade now. Also, I absolutely hate Haslip's soloing. His playing as a bassist is great, but I can't stand the noodly pentatonic stuff that makes up most of his lines. Jimmy Johnson is a much better fit for Holdsworth. I think Virgil's playing is good, though Gary Husband looks to be taking over most of the tour for the rest of the year, and I love his drumming (and keyboard playing). Gary Novak is still my favorite drummer to have played with Holdsworth, but I've never seen them together live.

Back