some fun Dave Grohl stuff

I love how he is with his kids though, such a great dad.
I would be the total opposite.

the guy seems so down to earth, ya know?

“Eventually, we got a bus. I was like, “Holy shit! It’s like a van with a bathroom and a TV!” They kept the generators running so there’d be power inside. I remember Krist saying, “Dude, you’re single-handedly destroying the ozone layer with that fucking generator. Turn it off.” All these other buses were pumping all this shit in the air, and we were sitting there in complete darkness because we felt guilty.”
Dave Grohl (via peddle-the-ass-god-gave-you)

I get the sense that he is one of the most down-to-earth "stars" out there. I liked the one about the discount. That is class.

I hate him because of this quote
"I never took lessons to learn how to play the drums and I never took lessons to learn how to play the guitar, I just sort of figured it out...."

I'm passionate about playing but the musical gene doesn't exist in me and I hate everyone that has it...except my kid brother :mad:

I love how he is with his kids though, such a great dad.
I would be the total opposite.

the guy seems so down to earth, ya know?
I get the sense that he is one of the most down-to-earth "stars" out there. I liked the one about the discount. That is class.
My oldest son and I watched him (without being obvious or approaching him) buy a lemonade and snacks for his kid and wife, and then push the kid around in a stroller at Legoland, CA in fall of 2011. Seemed a completely normal, down to earth, tatted rocker dude.

That was the same weekend I met @Mark Wein in person. Man, Dave is way more down to earth than that guy. :wink:

no really, it was cool seeing him chill with his kids.

if I were him, I would need guys to keep people away from me

not that I don' t like people (thoughI don't)
but I HATE people invading my space/time continuum...

There seemed to be a couple friends with him, along with his wife and kid. But They did not look particularly "security goon" like. Just like other rocker friends.

sorry, Nuke. I did n't do lessons either, really
I had 4.

Welcome to my hate list...you are in good company. Tommy Emmanuel never did either I think or not many and he never practices things like scales etc :Wave:

I'd like to be able to listen to a song and tell what chords are in it...but I can't, which is one reason I'll never consider myself a musician :cry:

I don't even know more than one scale, and I'm 99% sure I have it wrong.

whatever, right? :wink:

I do what works for my shit.

I don't consider myelf a guitarist.
it's just a tool I use to get stuff outta my head

like drugs, or a diggeridoo

I like Grohl.He seems like a cool guy.
I'd love to hang with him ,Lifeson,and Lemmy.
They seem down to Earth,stories would be great. Then a jam might break out.

Back