some exceptionally good new country music

frunobulax

Gak Pernah Cukup!
15970-metamodern-sounds-in-country-music.jpg

this record is very, very good. some influences are right out there (Merle Haggard especially), but there's a contemporary twist that's really cool. he's definitely listened to 60's garage-psychedelia too.

Yep, that's been in my play rotation. I like the freshness he brings.
Most recent country is putrid pop twang brocountry.
(Hunter Hayes, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line, The Band Perry)

Not familiar with Sturgill, but listening now. I like it. Definitely a Waylon/Merle vibe goin on there.
He's got two albums out now and one in the works with Atlantic. His first one is my favorite and is a bit more traditional. The second got more experimental. It's good but not my favorite. The upcoming one is highly anticipated.

Reactions: Tig
He's fantastic. I was really bummed I couldn't get a ticket to the Covington show. Scalped tickets were going in the $150 range! :eek:

Not sure he really fits into the New Country genre. More of a traditional singer/songwriter country artist. Not bad at all.

He's got two albums out now and one in the works with Atlantic. His first one is my favorite and is a bit more traditional. The second got more experimental. It's good but not my favorite. The upcoming one is highly anticipated.
I finally got the first album last week and really like it. It was certainly more traditional yet unique compared to most country albums in the last decade.

I love the sonic twists the second album has, especially his vocal volume changes. That reminds me of someone who I just can't remember at the moment.

Back