Some clips of the first examples in the book.

reverend1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Hey @Mark Wein and @sunvalleylaw here is my recording of the 12 bar shuffle with simple top.

The garageband amp model sounds like wet dog poop but I suppose it will work for these purposes. What do you think? I would have played only half of those stabs. It sounds a little busy to me, but that is how its written.

Actually you are playing on the down beat....the part should be on the "ands" of every beat.

I am using my foot to tap and match the up strum with my foot coming up. Seems to help. Doesn't mean I play the chords very well, so that throws my timing off, but other than that, the foot tapping helps.

This might be the hardest thing Ive ever tried to do with a guitar. I literately want to break something.

Ok @Mark Wein and @sunvalleylaw Here it is again. the only way I could make it happen was to chunk the downbeat and play the up. I assume that is ok. Its not perfect but I think it is much more on the mark.

Ok @Mark Wein and @sunvalleylaw Here it is again. the only way I could make it happen was to chunk the downbeat and play the up. I assume that is ok. Its not perfect but I think it is much more on the mark.

I can't listen on my tablet right now but it sounds like you're on the right track. Once you get it in time try floating the strumming hand over the strings on the downbeat .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back