Soldier Field

Pine Apple Slim

Kick Henry Jackassowski
no I wasn't there. Watched the simulcast last night at aBirmingham bar. Was pleasantly suprised. Band got into some pretty good grooves, only minor trainrwrecks at a few moments. The drummers and the keyboards were solid. Phil was is good form IMO. Trey is not Jerry but he had enough of the feeling and tone while doing his own thing. He and Phil had the play off each other thing going on well for the most part. Trey missed a few Bobby modulation cues and went somewhere else than Bobby was trying to go a couple of times, minor quibbles. Only Bobby seemed a bit unanimated and bored at times. Trey couldnt wipe the stupid grin off his face all night he was having so much fun. Vocals overall were workmanlike but no Jerry pathos, sad to say. Hornsby needs to sing more. The setlist was heavy on the psychodela and light on the Americanatype material. Lots of Blues for Allah tho which I like.
Masons Children, Long Drums and Space, New Potato Caboose, more Space, Playin in the Band. WTF, wish I had been ingesting for that would have enjoyed it more.
The trippy stuff is not my fav but at least they attempted some old magic and managed to pull it off mostly.
Enjoyed it well enough I'm going bCk tonight. Bar had excellent sound, vibe almost real concert like, much better than a theater.

:cool:

I found some of last weekend on YouTube and was also pleasantly surprised.

We are watching the payperview tonight.

I watched it with some friends. Grilled skewers of chicken, vegetables. Good beer. Really enjoyed the show, especially the stuff from Blues for Allah. Box of Rain done by Phil had really strained vocals, but it is one of my favorite songs. I never expected to see it and only got the chance at the last moment. Made my weekend.

I'll probably catch these later. I saw some clips on NBC news and liked what I heard. Phil sounded better than he did in the '80's show I saw in the theater lately.

Hate I'm missing it. It's raining cats and dogs and I just couldn't make myself drive the hour back down to Birmingham.

Last show begs the question, what will the Dead Heads that follow from show to show do now? "I think I have a grandchild that lives in Chicago, maybe I'll settle here."

I caught the first three songs from last night. China Cat/Rider was pretty good, even with the trademark harmony fluffs at the very end. Estimated Prophet demonstrated that Bob Weir should maybe adjust some keys to fit his vocal changes. I was impressed with the job Trey did; that is a difficult spot to step into and I feel he carried it well.

I thought it was great. Way above expectations.
Even the vocs were bearable given Trey, Bruce, and Jeffs contributions.
Weir, despite his aging voice, had much more energy last night than Friday.
I'll take Unbroken Chain even with Phil sounding like a frog.
Trey had settled in and killed it all night. Not Jerry note for note but channeling the spirit.
Love what they did with Mountains of the Moon.
Attics of My Life was sublime, warts and all.
80,000 people keeping Not Fade Away going until the encore, man I wish I'd been there.
Even with 200 heads in a bar it choked me up.
If only they had put this group together sooner, they could have soldiered on without Jerry very effectively.
Now the core 4 are just too old and tired to do this on a regular basis.
Kudos for them for pulling of 3 very good shows to end it all.

saw Friday and Sunday at a movie theater.

really special stuff, very well done, wish I could have been there in person.

2nd set last night was not my favorite but they played it well. I would have rather heard more upbeat stuff that rocked out but overall it made me very happy. they didn't need to play touch of grey as an encore either but oh well. it seemed like they had killed it for 2 nights and wanted to play some stuff bc they felt they had to instead of one final rock your face off finale set. that is my only gripe.

overall very impressive. trey did great and he didn't try to copy jerry tonewise with a mutron, he sounded like him but played the parts we know and love. he was having a blast.

mickey and bill were awesome. the drums and space parts were amazing, very creative.

Last show begs the question, what will the Dead Heads that follow from show to show do now? "I think I have a grandchild that lives in Chicago, maybe I'll settle here."

Whatever they've been doing for the last 20 years with no Dead shows.

Back