software

wagdog

Ack
What software do you folks use to create your lessons?

I'm looking for something that would create scale/chord charts and tab notation - similar to what Mark used for the graphics/pdf's on his site.

Thanks,

Wag

I use Guitar Pro most of the time, although I have Finale as well. Finale is kinda a PITA, but it is the industry standard.

I've used Finale for years. They have several cheaper versions now that seem to do everything us guitar guys would need but I haven't checked them out. SInce I'm transitioning the studio to Mac I need to actually buy a new notation program for my office (running Finale 2006 in a Windows XP simulator is getting old) so I'm actually looks at what is out there right now.

I've used Finale for years. They have several cheaper versions now that seem to do everything us guitar guys would need but I haven't checked them out. SInce I'm transitioning the studio to Mac I need to actually buy a new notation program for my office (running Finale 2006 in a Windows XP simulator is getting old) so I'm actually looks at what is out there right now.

Shouldn't you be able to get a crossgrade for a Mac version? Email them and they can probably help you out.

Checked out finale notebook today and really couldn't get the swing of it.

FWIW, I downloaded the latest (free/opensource) tuxguitar and found it quite good! Check it out if you get a chance. I really like the guitar chord editor.

Checked out finale notebook today and really couldn't get the swing of it.

FWIW, I downloaded the latest (free/opensource) tuxguitar and found it quite good! Check it out if you get a chance. I really like the guitar chord editor.

I don't mind using Tux to look at on the computer, but the font displays and prints like shit. If you're into it you might as well drop the little bit of coin and get Guitar Pro, which is far superior.

I use Sibelius to create a lot of my sheets. I here it is similar to Finale. It's pretty pricey but I've been using it a long time so it suits me fine.
Also, check out Neck Diagrams. Pretty useful for chords and scales.

Neck Diagrams sounds intriguing. I'm trying to streamline some of my lesson materials and have been trying to draw them by hand and it hasn't been pretty. :embarrassed:. I'll check it out this evening.

---
- Sent from my iPhone at a Tijuana donkey show.

Neck Diagrams is very good. It's basically a chord diagram and scale diagram builder.
I have a load of useful diagrams that I have created. If you need some give me a buzz.

Back