So, you know how my Pro Tools mixes were kind of weak sounding?

Let's see... I remember ken from... um... Oh yea, it was ken who brought me to HC a bunch of years ago... I think I remember ken from before that... Oh yea, now I recall, we graduated high school together in '82... :tongue:

In fact, Ken was one of the few people that seriously encouraged me to stick with playing the guitar... :thu:

Hey, it occurs to me that if Ken hadn't have helped HC be one step lower by bringing me around there, I would never have experienced HC 2.0 chaos that brought me here to lower the grade curve at MWGL... :)

Let's see... I remember ken from... um... Oh yea, it was ken who brought me to HC a bunch of years ago... I think I remember ken from before that... Oh yea, now I recall, we graduated high school together in '82... :tongue:

In fact, Ken was one of the few people that seriously encouraged me to stick with playing the guitar... :thu:

Never let anyone discourage you from doing something you love. Assuming it's not harmful to little kids or something... :grin:

I remember Paul because...well, he's basically my towheaded brother.

Ken needs to share some clips and pics of the guitar you build for him.

It would be my pleasure. This is an absolutely beautiful guitar, both in appearance and sound, and is one of the best gifts I've ever received. I've been using it to record a bunch of tracks. Here's a link to a bunch of photos and more info about the guitar on my website:
http://www.elevenshadows.com/travels/miscellaneous/redwoodcustomguitar/

10redwoodguitar.jpg

Hey, it occurs to me that if Ken hadn't have helped HC be one step lower by bringing me around there, I would never have experienced HC 2.0 chaos that brought me here to lower the grade curve at MWGL... :)

That was freakin' horrible. I stuck it out. Craig's a friend, and I've been posting on his SSS forum since 1995. It's HC, so the signal-to-noise ratio sucks, but whatever.

Yeah, I remember you posting some pics of your studio. It's beautiful. :cool:

You must have my confused with some other Ken. :grin:

It's a modest studio in a small house. I'm totally lucky I've got some good mics and preamps and sort of know what I'm doing, but it's in a small house. I just try and work around some of the shortcomings and try and get a great sound.

Ken
www.blueberrybuddha.com - studio
www.kenleephotography.com - photography

Yes, I'm on Craig and Phil's forum over on HC, but not Tweakheadz. I remember you mostly from Phil's forum! Good to "see" you!!!! :Wave:

Ken
I think I am a member on Phil's forum but I have wiped my hard drive and don't even remember the forum's name!

Phil rules. He's an amazing recording engineer and good friend. I've recorded at his studio with him quite a few times and hung out with him, and he's a really great human being and engineer/producer.

I'm not sure about the name. Google "Phil O'Keefe" and "Harmony Central" and it should come up. I think his forum is called "In the Recording Trenches" or something like that.

We were talking about mixing in Pro Tools...I'm here less than 24 hours and I've already managed to derail one thread! Don't worry, there's much more of that to come!! :grin:

You must have my confused with some other Ken. :grin:

It's a modest studio in a small house. I'm totally lucky I've got some good mics and preamps and sort of know what I'm doing, but it's in a small house. I just try and work around some of the shortcomings and try and get a great sound.

Ken

Natural wood floors and lots of warm colours? Cool backyard too IIRC.

It's not the size of it, it's how you use it. :wink:

Natural wood floors and lots of warm colours? Cool backyard too IIRC.

It's not the size of it, it's how you use it. :wink:

:grin:

That's it. Persian carpet, Indian and Himalayan Buddhist decorations, nice hang-out area in the back yard, that kind of thing.

I use a bunch of RealTraps MiniTraps and other stuff to try and treat the room, which works really well. I use those treatments for everything, including drums.

Ken

That's it. Persian carpet, Indian and Himalayan Buddhist decorations, nice hang-out area in the back yard, that kind of thing.

I use a bunch of RealTraps MiniTraps and other stuff to try and treat the room, which works really well. I use those treatments for everything, including drums.

Ken

I really need to get to work on treatment. El Borrachito (another forumite here) heped me with a room design plan but I just haven't been able to get it all done. I've got long term plans to re-do hardwood floors throughout the house, clouds over the mixing position, drumset, etc, but I keep buying gear instead. :facepalm:

Ken

I really need to get to work on treatment. El Borrachito (another forumite here) heped me with a room design plan but I just haven't been able to get it all done. I've got long term plans to re-do hardwood floors throughout the house, clouds over the mixing position, drumset, etc, but I keep buying gear instead. :facepalm:

Welcome, Ken.

I think my Pro Tools problems were all just me being used to working on Cubase SX and suddenly changing everything about the way I record. I'm slowly but surely getting 'my sound' back.

Nice guitar. :cool:

Back