So who else wants to spend their money

jbj

Poor old Geordie's array...
Making sure Jay Z and Nikki Minaj get a fair cut of their online streaming royalties?

Mega rich celebs just can't get a break in this world :cry:

:facepalm:

They are the completely wrong people to be making that kind of pitch........I saw that stream on FB. The amount of douchery on that stage was epic.....

http://mashable.com/2015/03/31/tidal-jack-white-nicki-minaj/
The Tidal announcement was exactly the kind of self-congratulatory bullshit I would expect from a pack a grammy winners. I don’t believe that they intend to do anything but create another competitor that Apple, Google, or Amazon has to buy out so they can focus on catching up to Spotify. I’m just going to stick to buying direct or on Bandcamp from musicians who don’t work with major labels.

tidal.png

LOL

"Let's make things more expensive to give people MORE incentive to pirate it!"

The system should be much simpler, especially with today's technology. The problem is that the greed of yesterday's system still prevails. The distributors get more money than the artists and music costs hundreds of times more than the artists ever get. People that do nothing but push a few buttons get all the money.

Then you get "artists" like these that actually got somewhere in the old system getting greedy and overcharging.

I don't feel bad that Beyonce's song was put up on YouTube. In fact, I'm willing to get that most of the people actually posting it probably don't like her music. It probably pained them to have to touch her song. LOL

Aren’t all the streaming services getting hit with lawsuits like this? I remember a prominent music business writer—maybe that guy from Cracker—encouraging artists to sue streaming services for posting music without permission if the band’s contract didn’t give the label/publishing company the right to make those decisions.

Aren’t all the streaming services getting hit with lawsuits like this? I remember a prominent music business writer—maybe that guy from Cracker—encouraging artists to sue streaming services for posting music without permission if the band’s contract didn’t give the label/publishing company the right to make those decisions.
I don't doubt it. This is more funny to me because someone is claiming that they are getting ripped off by the service that is supposed to "make sure artists get paid".

I don't doubt it. This is more funny to me because someone is claiming that they are getting ripped off by the service that is supposed to "make sure artists get paid".

Maybe only select artists/founders get paid, with the money to pay them coming from ripping off the B-list acts.

Back