So when we combine the new Maui Line Arrays with the SRX Subs...

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
... UNLIMITED COSMIC POWER!!!

576-1477271568-66f8c12349518b14e7613dd00c4131f2.jpg

Maybe not "Unlimited" but a pair of 1600 watt line arrays with a pair of 2000 watt 18 subs makes 7200 watts and 9 1/2 feet of oh hell yeah... :helper:

Are you one of those EDM guys or something?

Our sound and lighting company does everything from live bands to DJs, corporate events to theatre production. Just testing how these portable line arrays can scale. :grin:

Our sound and lighting company does everything from live bands to DJs, corporate events to theatre production. Just testing how these portable line arrays can scale. :grin:

Cool! A rig like that seemed atypical for a guitar forum.

Cool! A rig like that seemed atypical for a guitar forum.

Yeah... JBJ is also a DJ. Most of my live performances are with my band, but I have years of DJ experience and joined up with this sound and lighting company earlier in the year so we can both benefit. They got a boost in lighting and sound hardware with my stuff, I got to join up on their insurance policy, and we often get a sound guy for our live shows.

Yeah... JBJ is also a DJ. Most of my live performances are with my band, but I have years of DJ experience and joined up with this sound and lighting company earlier in the year so we can both benefit. They got a boost in lighting and sound hardware with my stuff, I got to join up on their insurance policy, and we often get a sound guy for our live shows.
I got so spoiled having a sound guy for my last show. I could live with that.

We tested the pair with the mixer and with a DBX drive rack. The feedback suppression worked so well that at maximum volume, I could tap a plugged in vocal mic against the speaker grill without feedback. :baimun:

So we used the line array at tonight's gig. They sounded pretty awesome. Will need to be dialed in a little... we ran them flat and the subs got a little boomy and the top was crisper than we were used to.. so I tweaked the RL main parametric a touch. Our sound guy will dial it in better, but he was working in Chicago tonight.

578-1477633823-3ae9fed98a16b7a54a85de6e086db884.jpg

579-1477633853-2915e59c44bbd24f44bbc74c6569ce77.jpg

580-1477633877-c714aa454a1b0035c036ea7998511f90.jpg

(The girl isn't in the band... just someone from the crowd playing tambourine.)

Last edited:
Just got booked for two Parrot Head shows next year..... I think we'll have to get palm leaves to turn the line arrays into palm trees. :embarrassed:

Back