So what should I do in Paris?

Guitar Heel

Demented Trick
I'll be in Paris for a week starting Saturday, save for a jaunt to London mid-week. I've got a day trip planned to Champagne (they don't understand what's coming), and we've already got tix to the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower (the latter of which I'd rather pass on, but I was out-voted). Any suggestions for food, drinks, or other?

Shari will be riding in the Gardens of Versailles when I'm in London, so we'll have that covered (or at least she will).

I'm happy to hear London suggestions as well, though my time there will be limited (just a few hours really). I'll be checking out the British museum, the Globe Theatre, the changing of the guard, and as many pubs as possible...

My little brother, who has visited Paris extensively, highly recommends Cafe Le Malakoff in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower.

"Best Steak Frites on the planet and then hit up the Tower food trucks for a desert crepe" ~ The Youngster

When I travel I try to stay away from the tourist traps.
There are of course always things that you have see.
The Louvre would be one.

I do prefer going out of town and take in the local culture.
Find out where the locals go to unwind. You can meet great people that way.

Does anyone know if Rue de Douai is still the guitar street?

Just looked it up on Google Maps. From the junction with Rue Pierre Fontaine to a bit past Rue Henry Monnier still seems to have quite a few guitar shops.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...x7cae25b9dc7bae55!8m2!3d48.882552!4d2.3327182

I mean, if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Very close to the Moulin Rouge, and not awfully far from Montmartre, if you need an excuse to head to that part of town.

Back