So we're getting a 5 guys here

Lol.

What is "donner meat"? My first thought is this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donner_Party

It's meat (usually lamb) grilled on a vertical rottiserrie and scraped off into slivers.

Whilst that sounds quite good the reality is that it's the most gristly, greasy horrible meat around - it's a drunken staple for people falling out of pubs and clubs here the main reason being you need to be fairly pissed to think it'll be any good.

We have lots of Taquerias around here that do their meat like that and its usually quite good. The place across from Premier that I occasionally take visitors is one of them. No lamb though.

We have lots of Taquerias around here that do their meat like that and its usually quite good. The place across from Premier that I occasionally take visitors is one of them. No lamb though.

Don't get me wrong, I lived on nothing but them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and post pub snack when I was in Istanbul but the stuff you get over here is nothing but rubbery greasy gristle.

Don't get me wrong, I lived on nothing but them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and post pub snack when I was in Istanbul but the stuff you get over here is nothing but rubbery greasy gristle.
mmm.....sounds appetizing :embarrassed:

Just checked out the '5 Guys UK' website. Most of them are in the South East. Bloody soft Southerners.

Im in Germany and all you get over here is McDonalds, Burger King and KFC. The German 'imbiss' is usually better than anything they have to offer though and if you know where to go a good Pommes/Mayo with either a Bratwurst or Curry wurst goes down a treat.
Theres also billions of Turkish fast food places and the usual Italian and Chinese. Theres is hardly any Indian restaurants though and no take away places at all. Being British this is a real reason to cry every day.

When a junior burger, regular fries and a drink costs just south of twelve bucks, I can think of about 50+ joints within 25 miles that I can get the comparable (and sometimes larger/superior) burger and meal for less.

The best bang-for-buck "fast food" burger in the Midwest can be found here: http://www.culvers.com/ . The fries are nothing to write home about, but the burgers are pretty damned good.

When a junior burger, regular fries and a drink costs just south of twelve bucks, I can think of about 50+ joints within 25 miles that I can get the comparable (and sometimes larger/superior) burger and meal for less.

The best bang-for-buck "fast food" burger in the Midwest can be found here: http://www.culvers.com/ . The fries are nothing to write home about, but the burgers are pretty damned good.

Must be more expensive out there. I get a bacon cheeseburger and mine comes in under $10.

Yeah, a bit under $10 here too.

My local favorite burger joint closed again about 6 months ago :( The Five Guys that opened in Kalamazoo had opened just about a block away, I'm wondering if that did in the local place?

Now I'll have to go to Smash Burger to get sweet potato fries.

Back