So we're getting a 5 guys here

We have a Steak 'n Shake that makes a few tasty burgers from their Specialty menu, but the place is almost always too crowded to get in without a long wait.

Decent burgers and fries Free peanuts in the shell as much as you want

Better than In and Out IMO but I'm not a burger expert. As an occasional meal there is nothing wrong with it.

Ah so it's not even a gourmet place will pass then.

These days if I'm going for a burger it's going to be somewhere decent and don't mind paying £10 for a burger if it's freshly cooked with good ingredients.

Ah so it's not even a gourmet place will pass then.

These days if I'm going for a burger it's going to be somewhere decent and don't mind paying £10 for a burger if it's freshly cooked with good ingredients.

5 Guys is what McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendy's should have been but aren't. I dig the place and dig the food, but it's not going to bowl you over.

If I am going to pay that much for a burger I go to Slaters 50/50. In-N-Out and Five guys are better than your average fast food burger, but I don't really see what all the hype is about. Especially In-N-Out. People rave about it like the food is orgasmic or something and it's just an average burger, the shitiest fries and milkshakes that are so thick your skull will cave in trying to drink one.
This, although I still haven't been to Slaters.

We have a Steak 'n Shake that makes a few tasty burgers from their Specialty menu, but the place is almost always too crowded to get in without a long wait.

I made the mistake of going there for lunch. It was an hour and 45 minutes until I was seated and had my food in front of me. And it wasn't even that crowded. At least a third of the tables were empty the whole time. The staff looked harried and frustrated, so I didn't bother complaining, but something is fundamentally wrong with that place.

When I was in Indy on business, I went to Steak and Shake several times, and the service was pretty decent.

Diabetes.
obesity and rationalization
ou do realize the jbj is from Glasgow, right? While he is a fitness addict himself I wouldn't be surprised if the local Five Guys won't be offering Munchy Boxes just to compete in the local fast food market:

XI2kNaD.jpg

Or maybe they'll deep fry every menu item.

Is Scotland really like the worlds biggest state fair?

Five guys is decent, but you have to be reasonable: the Junior burger (one patty) is more than sufficient, and one small order of fries is enough for two people and some to bring home for later -- get the cajun fry seasoning (we get it on the side, since my wife doesn't like it). You can get the burger with anything you like (including grilled onions and mushrooms, etc.) -- I usually order mine "all the way" and add jalapenos (all at no upcharge). If you order the regular burger and an order of fries per person, you are in danger of seriously impacting your health, but if you are moderate, you may just survive. I have about one or two fast-food burgers per month -- no more -- and almost exclusively eat in-n-out or five guys because they don't use frozen beef from one of those massive e. coli plants...

Not as good as Smash Burger, but decent burgers for fast food.

We're getting a Smash Burger soon. Are they better than the rest?

As far as the OP, I'll echo a lot of the other sentiments. 5 Guys is on the top tier of fast food burgers, but it is still a fast food burger.

Meh greasy burgers don't really do it for me and I doubt our portions will be anything like in the States but I'll maybe check it out when it opens.

To be honest in the past while I've been getting more and more into veggie burgers instead of beef.
Portion size is kinda their angle and why they seem overpriced to some... The first time I went to one, I ordered based on the sizes other burger joints use and wound up spending $18 and wound up with enough food for two or three people

It's OK for a take out burger place but none of them make a burger as good as the one that comes off my grill

We're getting a Smash Burger soon. Are they better than the rest?

As far as the OP, I'll echo a lot of the other sentiments. 5 Guys is on the top tier of fast food burgers, but it is still a fast food burger.

Personally, Smash Burger is my favorite fast food burger place. Their burgers and fries are both really good. Especially their sweet potato fries...

It's a good burger, with enough fries to feed a small army. But like many said, it's not a great burger.

And like Denverdave said, I'd rather go to Smash Burger just for their sweet potato fries :)

ou do realize the jbj is from Glasgow, right? While he is a fitness addict himself I wouldn't be surprised if the local Five Guys won't be offering Munchy Boxes just to compete in the local fast food market:

XI2kNaD.jpg

Or maybe they'll deep fry every menu item.

Is Scotland really like the worlds biggest state fair?

Ugh I go to a bi-monthly meeting for local DJs where they lay on some food - the food in question being boxes and boxes of THAT plus a bunch of pizzas with stuff like donner meat on them.

Surprisingly enough most of the DJ there are incredibly overweight.

Maybe the franchised 5 Guys have diminished the quality, but the original ones here in the DC area are awesome. $10 for more food than I can eat, probably the best buns of any burger joint, everything is fresh. Don't order a large fry unless you have your entire family with you.

Smash burger is also really good, but I don't have one too close to me anymore. When I lived in Florida, my brother and I always had a tough time deciding on dinner, 5 Guys, Smash burger or a local burger joint called M-Shack.

Back