So we're getting a 5 guys here

I am not a burger expert by any means, but I have been disappointed with 5 Guys and In and Out here in SoCal because of price to goodness.
My fave is Tops in Ft Walton Beach FL. They rock their burgers good. One location..double drive thru.. and don't even think about going there right after church hours on Sunday.

The best part about 5Guys is that they use fresh beef, veggies, and potatoes, not frozen shit that's been trucked in across the country.

Of course, unlike our stuffy ass country, you'll probably be able to order a beer with yours. :grin:

Good burgers, but not the best. Maybe it is just the one here, but the fries are the worst I've had in a long time.

It is a pretty good and very juicy burger and the fries here are typically great. And you can choose every item to go on it so if its not good its your own fault. To me, it's not that the burgers are expensive but the fries. The small is more than big enough for two people. So if two people are getting burgers and splitting fries it seems reasonable. If you go yourself, it seems expensive because you have to get the huge small fries.

5 Guys burgers and fries will definitely fill you up. Just make sure you save up for that bypass operation down the road.

Meh greasy burgers don't really do it for me and I doubt our portions will be anything like in the States but I'll maybe check it out when it opens.

To be honest in the past while I've been getting more and more into veggie burgers instead of beef.

I haven't eaten beef since 1997, but their burgers were pretty damn good back then. I occasionally stop in when I'm near one just for the fries.

It's no frills.

After all the hubbub, when I went to Five Guys for the first time, I was actually kind of disappointed at the size of the burgers. They're kind of dinky, actually.

Anyway, if you don't get fries, it's a reasonably sized meal.

If I am going to pay that much for a burger I go to Slaters 50/50. In-N-Out and Five guys are better than your average fast food burger, but I don't really see what all the hype is about. Especially In-N-Out. People rave about it like the food is orgasmic or something and it's just an average burger, the shitiest fries and milkshakes that are so thick your skull will cave in trying to drink one.

Meh... I have a few of them around me, now, and I'm not impressed. Smashburger is better by far.

Back