So, we'll have a new car sometime Friday...

Dogsinplastic

avuncular to no one
Got it down to the CR-V EX-L or a Forester Premium w/ equivalent features.

My wife really wanted/wants an Outback, but to get one to comparable features on the models above puts it out of our price range. The HUGE sunroof on the Forester is AWESOME!!!

I'll keep you posted on what we get, because I know you'll be glued to this thread.

I loathe this process and then committing to 60 months of payments.

Good luck in getting what you want.

Want to not have to buy a new car.
Want them to cost half as much.
Want to pay for it all in one lump now.
Want 100% bumper to bumper coverage and protection for as long as I own the car.
Want it guaranteed to keep us safe.
Want it to be a hybrid (adjust want #2 to high price).

I'll stop, but I not going to get anything I "want".

Want 100% bumper to bumper coverage and protection for as long as I own the car.

Out of curiosity, why do you (specifically) want a hybrid?
I specifically DON'T want a hybrid.

Out of curiosity, why do you (specifically) want a hybrid?
I specifically DON'T want a hybrid.

Greater fuel economy and lesser environmental impact. Gas mileage and emissions are a factor in our selection of vehicles. We're there one that met our needs at a price that was fit our budget, I believe there's also a tax credit for owning a hybrid. That said, the tax credit is gravy...and I don't really eat gravy.

Greater fuel economy and lesser environmental impact. Gas mileage and emissions are a factor in our selection of vehicles. We're there one that met our needs at a price that was fit our budget, I believe there's also a tax credit for owning a hybrid. That said, the tax credit is gravy...and I don't really eat gravy.

Fair enough. Good luck.

When you factor in battery disposal, it's not really a lesser environmental impact. However, it does help to achieve the goal of weaning off of fossil fuels. :)

Forget battery disposal, the toxic emissions for the fabrication of the batteries has it's own substantial carbon foot print...but that's generally away from the U.S. Well, at least for the cars we're looking at.

We do what we can, but it's really not much.

Forget battery disposal, the toxic emissions for the fabrication of the batteries has it's own substantial carbon foot print...but that's generally away from the U.S. Well, at least for the cars we're looking at.

I probably have to buy a car next year. I'm trying to balance fuel economy with my wife's desires for an SUV, while avoiding a hybrid.

I guess I missed putting up a "within reason" disclaimer. :wink:

keep in mind, if you were thinking about a hybrid. most of them have the battery pack go south around 80-90,000 miles. a guy i know had that happen to his prius (?) and the replacement was $4800!!. just sayin'

Just signed away 5 yrs on a 2018 Forester.

Super appointments. Really was a toss up between the two vehicles with the price/payments being the same. Coin toss and we were good...small bit of woulda coulda shoulda that would have happened regardless of which one we chose. No regrets.

Back