So tonight was kinda weird.

Big Dave Alvin here. Nice to see some love for him here. I follow him on FB. Lucky bastard, sounds like a great show.

I saw the Blasters years ago and remember seeing Dave again when he was in the Pleasure Barons.

I've never had the pleasure of seeing Dave Alvin live, but there're a lot of his tunes in my repertoire. I like the blasters a lot, too -- but find that Phil's vocals start sounding like fingernails on a blackboard after two songs or so...

We played a gig with the Blasters. Phil got nancy (our singer) so shit faced I basically poured her in the truck to get her home. Lol. And Nancy was a pretty hard core partyer.

Did they play "4th of July"? One of my all time favorite songs. Still annoys the shit out of me that John Doe was in Road House though.
One of mine too. It was in our setlist, back in the days of yore.
When someone says "What;s Americana?", I point to the Alvins and X and Los Lobos, among others.

Oh oh. New Thread topic. Look for it,

I see a new thread coming. Most misidentified artists and or their songs.

OR.. I am so old no one listens to what I thought was cool back in the day.:hd:

Nah, I remember the Blasters pretty well. I'm just terrible with names. I once had a 10 minute conversation with an Albert Lee fan and filled him with misinformation because I was thinking of Alvin Lee.

Nah, I remember the Blasters pretty well. I'm just terrible with names. I once had a 10 minute conversation with an Albert Lee fan and filled him with misinformation because I was thinking of Alvin Lee.

Ha ha, I had a similar experience with a buddy of mine regarding Alvin & Albert. I think he's still not sure which is which.

Back