So tonight was kinda weird.

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
This evening I had the genuinely surreal experience of waiting in line with Dave Alvin to use the restroom in a 300 year old church. And then walking past John Doe and Phil Alvin on the way out.

I also got to hear a pretty rambunctious version of "Marie Marie" in this same church.

True story.

DSC_0444.jpg

L-R: Phil Alvin, Rick Shea, Dave Alvin, John Doe, Terry Allen.

DSC_0466.jpg

Last edited:
That is radical!

You can't beat good, valid music, at a real venue, for real people. You just can't. It's an experience few have, and those that have, cherish.

That is radical!

You can't beat good, valid music, at a real venue, for real people. You just can't. It's an experience few have, and those that have, cherish.

Truth. It was a great show in a truly unusual venue. Lots of colorful language on stage too, to the point Dave said he was pleased lightning hadn't struck the church. He told the audience, "You didn't know when you bought your ticket that you were all going to Hell." John immediately said, "I bought that ticket long ago." :grin:

Did they play "4th of July"? One of my all time favorite songs.

Negative. I would have loved to hear that. Phil and Dave have a new album coming out soon that's a tribute to Big Bill Broonzy, so there was a lot of traditional folk blues.

I misread the thread and thought it was Davie Allan, and I was thinking what a cool show that would be.

Had to rattle the brain cage a bit to remember the Blasters, etc... They're all right too, I guess.

You are such a loser :facepalm:

I see a new thread coming. Most misidentified artists and or their songs.

OR.. I am so old no one listens to what I thought was cool back in the day.:hd:

Back