So this just happened.......

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
and people say it's a dry heat :mad:....well we are in the middle of our monsoon season and here in the desert the storms can get nasty. Today was the worst I've seen in some time. I'venever seen rain blow into the shop and hit the back wall until today and I been there 23 years.
The business next to us has one of those 100 gallo0n trash cans and it blew about 100 yards down the road. I see the off ice lady who works there walking over to retrieve it after the rain stops of course and she's like inher 60's so I go out to help her and that's when i see the treen on my Jeep :mad: The worst part is I normally don't back in under the tree this far but since the city has a water leak (a mini mud bog I have to back through each day) I backed in farther so I can walk around the front. You can see my co workers camero and normally I would be parked even with his...the tree would've just missed me :fml:
So I called Geico and I have to take it down to the repair shop where the adjuster will be tomorrow. I'm gonna have to borrow the boses truck (i.e. the shop truck) which is a 2000 Chevy s-10 for like the next week now. My ded. is 500 but I don't have car rental. As far as I can tell they should be able to bull the dents out. One is right on the edge of the window frame but they should be able to fix that. Then I have a dent on the eide just behind the door but I don;t care about that, kinda like an off road wound. and then the rear bumper got tweaked a bit.
My co worker pulled back on the tree just enough to clear the window and i drove it out. The poor Jeep has been through a lot. Before I got it she had been in three fender benders, in fact all three corners except the one the tree fell on...now she has been banged on all four corners : o :mad: :cry: but she runs like a top!

IMG_0831.jpg
IMG_0832.jpg

Jeez! It looks like the damage is mostly confined to the window. Hopefully no one was hurt. Mojo.

Mojo.
Monsoon season can be rough in Arizona.

http://www.kvoa.com/story/35905055/storm-rips-through-tucson-dumping-nearly-25-inches-of-rain
News said nearly 2.5 inches fell in some spots which when you consider our yearly average is right around 11/12 inches that is a a lot of rain.. The repair place I took it to is only a few minutes away from our shop and in that short drive through the backroads of a neighborhood I saw at least 10 trees down. They also got the prison crew out cutting downed trees which i saw on an expressway during a test-drive...at least four or five big trees they had to do on that road.

http://www.kvoa.com/story/35905055/storm-rips-through-tucson-dumping-nearly-25-inches-of-rain
News said nearly 2.5 inches fell in some spots which when you consider our yearly average is right around 11/12 inches that is a a lot of rain.. The repair place I took it to is only a few minutes away from our shop and in that short drive through the backroads of a neighborhood I saw at least 10 trees down. They also got the prison crew out cutting downed trees which i saw on an expressway during a test-drive...at least four or five big trees they had to do on that road.
I lived in Laveen and we got spared the brunt of the monsoon. The drainage canal out back did look like The Nile during the floods.

The reports I saw on the news were bad. Scottsdale got hit bad that year.

Looks like straight line winds damage, which can be as destructive as tornadoes. That's evident in the pics. Glad you're ok!

:(

Is the Camaro ok?

yeah the tree by that was ok Down the road a tree fell on a duplex though.

I might get my Jeep back t0omorrow otherwise Monday. They said it's coming along fin e and only external damage. They also gave me the option of not getting the paint match spot on to blend with the door. They will try to get it as close as possible but most likely won't be a perfect match, they will knock off 200 on my deductible so I'll only have to pay 300...I said HELL YEAH ! do it. They said they usually give the option ro people with older cars. i also imagine mine in particular as it definitely is not a princess machine...I have crude cut front fenders , desert pinstriping (which is what they call it out here when you actually use your 4x4 off road in the desert...the trees and cactus "pinstripe the paint") then I've got other dents and scratches from off roading , also running into a barbed wire fenceabout a week after I got it off road driving on beer and zanax :facepalm:...etc so I was like sure paint no match is not a problem :embarrassed:

Back