So this guitarist walks into a recording studio…

Wait, what?

"G-string constantly out of tune?
If your guitar’s G-string constantly falls out of tune, here’s a quick fix. Take a #2 pencil and gently roll a bit of lead in the nut-groove where the G-string lies. This helps add a level of friction where the string and the nut meet and keeps the string from sliding around during your performance."

Graphite is a lubricant. The string sticking in the nut is exactly why the string is out of tune.

Wait, what?

"G-string constantly out of tune?
If your guitar’s G-string constantly falls out of tune, here’s a quick fix. Take a #2 pencil and gently roll a bit of lead in the nut-groove where the G-string lies. This helps add a level of friction where the string and the nut meet and keeps the string from sliding around during your performance."

Graphite is a lubricant. The string sticking in the nut is exactly why the string is out of tune.

Yeah, they got that one a bit backwards.

Some of that advice was terrible and wrong.

You come at my fretboard with a flathead screwdriver, expect to remove the screwdriver from your ass.

Some of that advice was terrible and wrong.

You come at my fretboard with a flathead screwdriver, expect to remove the screwdriver from your ass.

Wow. I didn't see that part. :eek:
Now, I do use a razor blade to clean gunk off the board during construction but I've never had one get so gross as to need mechanical scraping after it was built. Somebody needs to quit eating Cheetos during practice.

I've stated before, I have had enough of these type of articles. Between CD Baby, Disc Makers, and the other companies that have me on their mailing list, I am tired of people taking a blend of "well, duh" common sense and outrageous personal opinion to tell me how I should do things. I may never get anywhere, but I'll be happy doing it my way. :hippie:

Back