so that new U2 song about johnny ramone

Where as I will always favor the very early U2, particularly live (Red Rocks for example), I am open to this new stuff, and hope to find a bit of time to listen while reading the liner notes that come with the free songs. Just because it is different does not mean it is bad in my book. I feel like I just need to get to know it a bit better.

i like the guitar tone. its kind of raw and low tech. and he plays the classic ramones chord riff. i did not hear it on the first listen.
the vocals are cool too if you pretend you dont know who the singer is,
there are layers and some weirdness going on.
the bass and drums are just there as per usual.

Don't get me wrong - I like their music, and even a lot of their more "recent" stuff - but this new album IMO is HUGE disappointment overall, especially considering it's been 5 years. I don't expect them to break much new ground at this point, but I do expect better than this.

Don't get me wrong - I like their music, and even a lot of their more "recent" stuff - but this new album IMO is HUGE disappointment overall, especially considering it's been 5 years. I don't expect them to break much new ground at this point, but I do expect better than this.

This. Exactly this.

U2 needs to get over themselves. The new album sucks, and the Joey Ramone song sucks, too.

Sorry, but there it is.

I listened to it a few times. I don't listen to U2 much anymore, having thoroughly ingested their material up through All That You Can't Leave Behind. This album is probably the best since then, but that isn't saying much. I'd say the first four-five songs are decent in the vein of latter day U2, but after that it gets pretty deathly.

Back