CBHScott

How did I get here?
...appears to have arrived today. Strange wrapping job:

20160122_173031.jpg

20160122_173146.jpg

:-\ Ehhh, whatever...

20160122_173320.jpg

20160122_173524.jpg

Panama "oversized" ( :wink: ) 1x8 cab. Got it for $50 shipped. Haven't ripped the back panel off, but this is allegedly real wood and not MDF, with a Panama-branded 25w ceramic speaker in it.

Oh, yeah, this cab was bought with a budget in mind (for now), and I also wanted to mate it with that "mystery" head I got a few months back. So, here's the new rig:

20160122_202606_HDR.jpg

Awwwwwww!!! Ain't that cute? :grin:

And LOUD :eek:

The Quilter Mini 101 has some nice tonal variety, but the Surf voice (Fender BF) really shines. Digging it quite a bit so far.

The little cab exceeded my fairly tame expectations, as it sounds decent, and surprisingly not too boxy, but since it is only rated at 25w, I can't crank the Mini past that setting. What I may very well do is buy the Celestion speaker that Quilter uses in their 8" combos, which is a 200-watt full-range for $49. So, I would have a cab that costs around $100, with the same speaker, made from real wood, for the same price of an Orange PPC108 (the Micro Terror cab).

:grin:

Nope. Already had the head two months :thu:

Not in much of a flipping mode at this time. Gonna be quite a few months before I can sample much else.

HNCD

Was just looking up their stuff over here in Germany and their heads are going for stupid prices for an upstart. I'll have to look stateside.

Glad you like it.
I have the oversized 1x12 coming in next week.

Seeing as Panama are new, I'm nervous about diving in.

I'm damned happy with the 20w Shaman Retro head and 1x12 Road Series cab I got from them on the Black Friday sale at Reverb. Even more so now that the speaker has started to really loosen up.

If they'd had the full Shaman on sale I probably would have gone for that, but then again I mostly play clean up through early metal, so the Retro variant+a couple of pedals does me just fine.

And HNCD!

HNCD! Looks like you got a great deal, and can make a nice pairing. You might have to tape the windows when you get that 200w speaker, though. :grin:

HNCD! Looks like you got a great deal, and can make a nice pairing. You might have to tape the windows when you get that 200w speaker, though. :grin:

Funny, just yesterday I was telling MrsCBHS that the big Fenders like Brian Setzer uses would probably blow out the front windows if'n I pointed one in that direction :wink:

Back