So, my wife says to me...

They've got a used Gretsch Bobtail on their Amazon store.

She told me to contact the store and ask them to hold it until we go there.
I thought about it, but figured that would be asking too much and I'd really rather see it and try it out before committing even a small deposit on it.

I'll just see if it's there when we go. If it is, then it's meant to be (or it's a piece of crap...)

I'm not sure what to do now.
I am in fear of the shoe being dropped.

Yesterday, while at a gathering with her family, I mentioned that I really need to get new gold clubs if I'm going to take up the game again.

This morning, she hands me a flyer for a sale at Golf Town and say, "You should go."

We talked about the costs and I explained that what she was seeing was the price for just the set of irons. The drivers, wedges, and putter would cost more. I would get a new bag and shoes, too.

I took a guess at how much it would cost and she still let me out the door.
Not that I need permission, but we work out big purchases together.

It ended up being a bit more than I guessed but I hadn't calculated taxes into my guess.

On the way home I saw my brother's car at his local haunt and I stopped to show him the clubs. He bought me a beer. I texted my wife to let her know. She was a little upset because she had just thrown steaks on the BBQ...

Yeah.

I don't share this stuff to brag.

I am truly stumped. If I could figure out what I've done to deserve this wonderful woman, I'd write a book or bottle up whatever is making it happen and become a gazillionaire.

:embarrassed:
women-s-stop-playing-with-your-balls-try-disc-golf-t-shirt_design.png

:grin:

Ow.

Ow.

Ow.

Ow.

I got there and one of the guys had already paid for 18 holes.
I had enough energy for four. I did it though.

I forgot my shoes and my phone.

Back