So lets talk about razors

12Pack

Dyslexic b00n
I purchased the cheapest disposables I could find, because quite frankly I HATE paying a zillion dollars for the high end cartridges (like printer ink).

The cheapo ones suck. They literally suck all my facial hair in between the 2 razors and instantly clog. I've had a goatee for quite some time and now that I am beardless I need to shave more often and struggling to find the happy medium on razors. :mad:

I use the Gillette Custom Plus 3, because they're relatively inexpensive at Costco and they last me a while. I do have a nice shaving brush, but I use regular old soap in a mug. Seems to work for me.

i buy the cheapies and use each for a week and have not trouble with them. occasionally i get one that isn't as sharp as it should be, but at $1.99 for ten, i just toss the bad one and grab another.

I have one of these:

31DnQN6c%2BML.jpg

There's no plastic involved, and only a thin metal blade to dispose of. I can get a hundred blades for under ten bucks. It also makes you slow down a bit and think about what you're doing.

DE safety razor can be much cheaper in the long run if you do it right.

Can't imagine going back to those cartridge razors or disposables.

I have a Norelco electric. I've been using it for over 12 years now and it still works well. I replaced the blades about three years ago for about $35.00. Unfortunately I am getting close to needing another set of blades and because it is an older razor the parts are getting rarer and a new set cost almost $55.00 now. I am debating going the single edged route like bsman above - or another electric without all the bells and whistles. Electrics are so convenient and fast in the morning and do a good job.

I don't know about the newer ones, but the older Norelcos would last about 20 years.

Last edited:
I don't know about the newer ones, but the older Norelcos would last about 20 years.

I've had a Norelco for about 20 years as well, I use it on those days when a wet shave seems like a chore, but it's starting to not hold a charge too long anymore (maybe five shaves) so I'm thinking about replacing it.

Mach 3 guy here, too. And yeah, razor and ink cartridges are the biggest fucking racket out there.

I get s 10pk of disposable razors for $8.00 from Target. They work fine

I use a Schick Quattro and shave both my face and head with it.
I've tried the dollar shave club and Harry's and sliced the fuck out of my head with both of those razors. I will say that they are built very well and I'm sure they would do a great job on your face but for me, they sure aren't meant for your head. (Even though Harry's says you can use them on your head)

Schick Hydro 5. I shave in the shower and one blade lasts me 3-4 weeks, as long as I rinse it out well. The refills are about $16 via Amazon, and each 8-cartridge box lasts me about half a year.

Got one of these I used for a while even to shave my head with. Even though I don't have to shave everyday any more eventually it starts to cause razor burn. That's the only part I hate. Blades I can get at the grocery store 5 for a dollar.
upload_2016-10-27_12-57-24.png

Back