So...I've been buying pedals...

jelloman

Couch'd Tater...
Haven't said much about it, but over the past few months I've been picking up pedals to match up to a new amp, which has also found it's way to me...

(damn, do i need to sell stuff :embarrassed: )

So anyway I spent some time this morning stacking them all together to see if I made good choices...

I did...

Chain goes tuner>wah/volume>klone>od>pinnacle>flashback>spark...

Since I had the smaller board and a box full of Ehx pedals and other stuff I threw this together just for the hell of it...

I wanted to put a LPB1 boost on it, but that pedal is dead...set it up with my one spot it's noisy as hell but works passable well and sounds pretty good...the OD Glove will always be one of my favorite dirt pedals...

Anyway, that's how I spent my Sunday morning...

Did you smell the glove?

If you ever want a nice tone-coloring boost, scope out this. It's a copy of the Xotic EP Booster which is just a copy of the Echoplex preamp. I've got one on my board (which reminds me, I need a new board pic) and it's an "always-on" pedal with the knob at about 9 o'clock.

Did you smell the glove?

If you ever want a nice tone-coloring boost, scope out this. It's a copy of the Xotic EP Booster which is just a copy of the Echoplex preamp. I've got one on my board (which reminds me, I need a new board pic) and it's an "always-on" pedal with the knob at about 9 o'clock.

I thought the Glove was an OCD and the Crayon was a BB preamp? Dunno about an EHX EP boost.

I thought the Glove was an OCD and the Crayon was a BB preamp? Dunno about an EHX EP boost.
He linked to an Andoer pedal on Amazon...

The Glove is an OCD, not sure if the Crayon is a BB clone or not...the Crayon worked well with the EL84 based Jet City but does not match up at all with the 6L6 Traynor, so it's going up on Reverb with a bunch of other stuff...the LPB-1, which I believe I bought from you, is going in the garbage can...

He linked to an Andoer pedal on Amazon...

The Glove is an OCD, not sure if the Crayon is a BB clone or not...the Crayon worked well with the EL84 based Jet City but does not match up at all with the 6L6 Traynor, so it's going up on Reverb with a bunch of other stuff...the LPB-1, which I believe I bought from you, is going in the garbage can...

Weird. I bought it second hand, but worked well for me. Does it do the same thing with a battery?

Haven't said much about it, but over the past few months I've been picking up pedals to match up to a new amp, which has also found it's way to me...

(damn, do i need to sell stuff :embarrassed: )

So anyway I spent some time this morning stacking them all together to see if I made good choices...

I did...

beavis0

Made a few changes...:embarrassed:

20170205_091255_zpswp8mhnko.jpg

How do you like that spark booster mini? I'm looking for a boost to add to the clean channel to just dirty it up a bit. Like a fender amp being pushed.

How do you like that spark booster mini? I'm looking for a boost to add to the clean channel to just dirty it up a bit. Like a fender amp being pushed.
DOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOIT

Spark Mini = a metric fuckton of loud with zero coloring.

I can set my Bugera 1960 Infinium (think Marshall Randy Rhoads 1959RR) clean but just before breaking up and then max out the Spark Mini and it's suddenly a two channel amp.

By the way, @Chad , how do you use your Klone? I've got it set with the gain at 2 or 3 o'clock which gives it a nice slightly broken up sound, but I can't turn the level past 9 o'clock...this thing has a massive amount of boost, and the way I'm using it I don't need it...or am I missing the point of a Klone?

By the way, @Chad , how do you use your Klone? I've got it set with the gain at 2 or 3 o'clock which gives it a nice slightly broken up sound, but I can't turn the level past 9 o'clock...this thing has a massive amount of boost, and the way I'm using it I don't need it...or am I missing the point of a Klone?

It's always changing with me. I usually use it as a middle of the road gain pedal. Not too crunchy, not too clean.

Dirtly Little Secret...out for delivery...

Plus I ordered a power supply for the small board to replace the One Spot, hopefully it will run quieter...

Looks like another weekend working on pedal boards...:)

Back