So is forum life in general slowing down?

Im not German! Although i do 'speaka da lingo'. I could be a spy, no hang on, they shoot spies so sod that.

Germans and helpful doesnt really go well together. i remember when i first came over here and went shopping. Germans very rarely, if ever, hold doors open for you whereas in England everyone does so if you follow someone into a dept store you can expect to get a swinging door in your face.

I was about to declare war when i realised they all do it. I still dont though, i hold doors open for people because i have manners.

This sounds familiar. Norwegians are quite similar.
Most keep to themselves, and will generally not make any kind of contact whatsoever with people they don't know.
In my experience, it's not that they don't want to help, but more that they don't want to bother anyone. Weird, I know. :embarrassed:
They'll be very helpful if you ask them though, whereas Brits and Americans among others in general will offer their help first.

Maybe we don't have enough "Please Delete This Thread" threads that people post to ironically?

Maybe we need more Grateful Dead / hippie-bashing threads?

Maybe Mo with a banhammer has scared everyone off?

Maybe if we gave away free beer?

idn_smilie

I've been very busy making my employer millions and getting paid in birdseed :embarrassed:. 2 big projects this month with crucial deadlines...

I've been very busy making my employer millions and getting paid in birdseed :embarrassed:. 2 big projects this month with crucial deadlines...

Seriously....We had our best / most profitable year since 1983 and everyone's still running around worried about their jobs.

[/fail]

Back