So is Daryl Hall underrated?

Chad

Slender Hobbit
I have been watching some episodes of Live from Daryl's house and that cat can hang with anyone he brings over, no matter what they play. I know some of the Hall and Oates stuff was pretty cheesy, but man he is good and his band is killer.

Yup, I really never realized it, either, until I started watching. The H&O '80s crap so turned me off to them, that I didn't allow for just how talented they are.

Hall is awesome. For the cheesy stuff done in the past, it was just part of the time period.

Way under rated. The guy has a increadable voice and can play guitar and keyboard really well. I love Live From Daryl's House. Thursday nights on Paladia is a must watch with Jools Holland and Live From Daryl's House.

Both are very talented (H&O). There have always been gems in their work between the schlock that the record companies insisted they put out, and Darryl has always been one hell of a good vocalist. I remember seeing a video in the 80's that was just Hall singing and playing guitar by himself - kind of a slower bluesy ballad, and was blown away. I have no clue what the song was but I was impressed.

Lawd that dude looks like he's had a bad facial surgery done. His voice still sounds awesome!!

He was on the Stern show one day and did a numbers of songs with just an acoustic guitar and he was great. Seems he had Lyme Disease for a number of years and had pretty much quit doing anything at all. The 'Live' show has really sparked some well deserved interest in him.

Didn't know anything about this show. Just set it up to TiVo.

did you notice that there won't be a march episode. and i'm not sure about april either. it's in the "news" section. they're taking a small break.....but daryl said it was only temporary and they'd be back "soon".

i can't wait.

Back