So I'm teaching this class on how Rock music evolves from the 50's onward....

I do hope you are jotting some of this stuff down.... I think it would be a great idea for a book or three. Music, like a lot of other things is constantly evolving and changing with the times. I think it would be fair to say that popular music often changed the times itself, or at least made change more palatable. Doubly so when you think of it in a cultural & historical context.

I do hope you are jotting some of this stuff down.... I think it would be a great idea for a book or three. Music, like a lot of other things is constantly evolving and changing with the times. I think it would be fair to say that popular music often changed the times itself, or at least made change more palatable. Doubly so when you think of it in a cultural & historical context.

I don't know...I'm not sure I'd have much to offer that isn't already out there. The experience of playing the music while learning the history behind it in chronological order has been a good thing though.

there is only so much I can cover for folks who don't want to spend 6 months on one style. And Tom Harknerider has a complete Rockabilly class for that material if someone DOES want to get into that kind of depth.

i hear ya, but outside of Cliff Gallup, the other cats were all session guys who played all different styles on countless hit records :)

i hear ya, but outside of Cliff Gallup, the other cats were all session guys who played all different styles on countless hit records :)

I know. I just can't take 6 months to get a pack of newbie players getting 10 rockabilly tunes playable.

I thought I had commented here, but if I did, I can't see it
*scolls too fast*

personally, I don't think rock'nroll has really evoled at all.
technology has
but I suppose it depends on yer idea of what r'n'r is.

I don't hear any r'n'r on the radio today, but that's just because my [DELETED BY USER] roomie keeps the car radio (her car) on some dance crap station.
so, the closest I get to "rock" is that Bruno Mars "I'm a Lazy Prick" or whatever (I actually like that song)

but, I look at it this way:
AC/DC is still kinda current rock, no?
hope so, my whole point is bsaed on them

they really ain't doin' anything different than what happened w/C.Berry, etc.

I mean, sure, new amps, new giutars...

but that idea is still the same.

like, Little Richard = Motorhead
and I can hear that, every time I listen to them.

rock'n'roll.

I love it.

Actually, I don't think humanity has evolved much in the last 50 years... Rock and roll, however, has hope... The last Opeth album is a good example...

one word sums up today's rock'n'roll:
Motorhead

those who disagree, please line up against this wall....

Back