So I saw these at Guitar Center yesterday

Chad

Slender Hobbit
I went into GC yesterday to pick up some strap buttons. I decided to give the Grolsch gaskets a try and I really like them, much more than the Schaller strap locks I have been using for years, so I wanted to replace the buttons on my guitars. While looking at the buttons, I saw these.

http://www.fender.com/parts/strap-locks-buttons/fender-strap-blocks/0990819000.html#start=1

strap.PNG

It appears Fender has taken the Grolsch idea and branded it.

I'm guessing that these would work pretty well for locking the strap under ordinary circumstances, but I think it might be a problem if I wanted to spin my guitar . . . not that I ever would, mind you. :old:

Just remember that friction between the strap and washers will unscrew your strap buttons, so glue them in first.

I love the grolsch washers. been working for me for years now with no failures. I like that you don't have to mod your guitar or have stuff sticking out.

I like just getting the Grolsh washers, but I do wish I had thought of just getting replacement washers off Amazon.
And fuck Fender for feeling the need to make these and brand them.

I have a bag of grolsch washers. I use them for beer bottles for home-brew. I've never put them on a guitar. I probably replace about 3-4 washers a year, so I have a lifetime supply in a bag of a few hundred. If anyone wants some, just pm me and I can send you a few.

I have a couple of pairs coming in my string order tomorrow. I have one Grolsch washer on my LP but I can't find the beer in any of our local markets so I'l spend $4 with Fender.

$1 apiece is ludicrous. This is the stuff that makes me reaaaaaaaaaaaalllllly wonder what the margin is on that Johnny Marr Jaguar.

(and what keeps me from buying it)

I have a bag of the groslch style ones from my local homebrew shop but honestly, I don't see the crime in Fender selling their own version at a price they think the market of people, unaware of grolsch or homebrewing, are willing to pay.

Back