So I saw/met Andy a Timmons and Travis Larson

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I had tix yesterday to see Andy Timmons play at a dove bar in philly. Tix were only $15!!! I found out an hour before the show the Travis Larson was opening up. I didn't have any idea who he was but I'm glad I went to watch him play

When I got to the venue, I pulled up right behind Andy as he was parking his mini-van.

I sat down at the barn soon as I got in and within minutes and he walked in after me and I asked him if he could sign the headstock of my Vintage Summer of Love Strat. As soon as I took it out of the gig bag, his eyes lit up and said,"wow just like Hendrix's Monterey!!!". He signed it here...

CAEE52BB-188B-4CD6-B739-3C4829DDCA16.jpg

He went up to do a sound check and his tone was completely glorious. I'd have to say that he has the best clean and dirty tones I've ever heard in my life. When he got done doing the sound check he came off stage and took pics with everyone who asked. Here is our selfie

69A83946-EE43-44F4-8CF1-03D04391AA73.jpg

Travis Larson opened up the show. He was playing multiple John Petrucci Music Man Guitars. His basis, Jennifer Young, was it absolute beast and she was playing Music Man as well.

As good as Travis was, he was kind of stiff to watch. Compared to Andy, it was no contest. And he has the chops, tone and fantastic stage presence.

At the end of the set, both Travis and Andy were hanging out and everyone got to shake their hand and meet them. Very cool if you ask me.

The best part about this is that the show was at 3pm. I was home by 630!!!!

Did either you or Andy get the chance to play anything on your guitar whilst you had it out getting it signed?

Awesome! :thu:

I really, really wanted to go to the previous Saturday show in Chicago, but I was flying out the next morning, and the wife had also wanted a "date" night - until she backed out :facepalm::mad:

Sounds like a great time. So cool you could get the guitar signed! Seems like he's a nice guy. I actually like Travis Larson too - I think he works well with the bass player he has - together they work and I think he's still on the way up and getting better all the time.

Back