So I need to go to the dentist. I dont want to.

Perhaps you can find a dentist who does sedation dentistry (where you are knocked out cold), or one who specializes in nervous patients and can give you some valium or xanax before you start.

I have a great aunt who had an abscess spread to her jaw and ended up having to have 1/2 of her lower mandible removed.

You probably don't want that.

Perhaps you can find a dentist who does sedation dentistry (where you are knocked out cold), or one who specializes in nervous patients and can give you some valium or xanax before you start.

I've looked my wife has looked. The ones I can find dont seem to accept my insurance. I've done a lotta research on what they can do now for people like me. The gel before the injection to numb it, the nitrous, the sedatives, etc. They all seem great. If I could find someone to actually DO that stuff, and I was in extreme pain again and could get them to let me come in right then, I would likely do it. I'm pretty upset these people wouldnt even see me till Monday.

Yeah I was in that freakin' chair yesterday getting my teeth cleaned. I am glad that I didn't hear any whining from a drill going off.....

Just and get it done dude otherwise you will just worry about it more and other things will build up.

I've looked my wife has looked. The ones I can find dont seem to accept my insurance. I've done a lotta research on what they can do now for people like me. The gel before the injection to numb it, the nitrous, the sedatives, etc. They all seem great. If I could find someone to actually DO that stuff, and I was in extreme pain again and could get them to let me come in right then, I would likely do it. I'm pretty upset these people wouldnt even see me till Monday.

Did you mention the abscess? I would get a new dentist if they wouldn't take you as an emergency case today. I had one of these develop in an infected tooth on 4th of July weekend, and my dentist had me in on the holiday for an emergency root canal. His brother (they share the practice) actually did it, but still, I got right in on a holiday.

Did you mention the abscess? I would get a new dentist if they wouldn't take you as an emergency case today. I had one of these develop in an infected tooth on 4th of July weekend, and my dentist had me in on the holiday for an emergency root canal. His brother (they share the practice) actually did it, but still, I got right in on a holiday.

Didnt they give you an antibiotic first? I understand that any infection renders the local ineffective. I certainly am not going through that.

This -

6547.jpg

And it will be gone in a day.

This -

6547.jpg

Bullshit.

Anbesol is good if you got food stuck in your gum and it's sore.

If you have an infection in a tooth, throwing anbesol on it is like going to the scene of a horrific motorcycle accident where the rider is missing 40% of his skin... and spraying a little "Bactine with aloe" on it. :annoyed:

:tongue:

I hate going to the dentist too. Not so much because of needles and such, but because I haven't got the money. :(

Last time I had to go because th epain was just becoming ridiculous... time for root canal work.

Not long before that it was four wisdom teeth out. I managed to put that off for I think 2 years after the dentist said I should have them out within the next 6 months. :facepalm:

I've started getting some pains recently that are reminding me of what resulted in me getting that root canal work done. It only comes briefly though and then disappears, so I'm ignoring it for now. :facepalm:

This -

6547.jpg

I've used Kanka, I originally thought it was a canker sore. It helped a little but the swelling is still there and it still hurts. I'm going to a MedExpress after work, hopefully they're check it out, write me a prescription, and this will clear up.

Would you believe I have never had a prescription? This'll be my first one. I should be kind of excited :embarrassed:

I've used Kanka, I originally thought it was a canker sore. It helped a little but the swelling is still there and it still hurts. I'm going to a MedExpress after work, hopefully they're check it out, write me a prescription, and this will clear up.

Would you believe I have never had a prescription? This'll be my first one. I should be kind of excited :embarrassed:

I've only had a couple of prescriptions.

The first one I remember was when I was about 6 years old. Penicillin for an ear infection.

Turns out I'm violently allergic to penicillin. I swelled up like a balloon and broke out into hives. Dr. said if had been a higher dose, it could have killed me. :eek:

The next one I remember after that was pain killers for the toe. :embarrassed:

I got penecillin :embarrassed: Hopefully this clears up. He said, as I suspected, that my teeth were all fine, that the wisdom toth was healthy but in a bad spot and that it agitated my cheek, which then became infected. So yeah, pretty much what I thought. He definitely wants me to see a dentist to get that out but said my teeth look pretty good and couldnt find anything else that would cause infection. He also said "If that's BETTER then I dont know how you made it through those few days". I have my first prescription, I am so proud.messedup0

Last time I had nitrous, I told 'em "This shit's not workin'." They cranked it up (or pretended to).
"How 'bout now?"
"Nope."
Then, one of the guys laughed. "How old are you?"
I told him. He says "It's not like that anymore."

Apparently, they give you just enough to block the nerve, but not enough to even get a buzz.

Dude, people die from infections in the gums... A broken tooth is one thing, because the nerve eventually dies, and it doesn't hurt... A mouth infection that gets to the brain can be really bad... Suck it up. You like hockey... Hockey players are tough... Hockey fans are tough... So you have a phobia... Get over it... You are tough... DO IT!

Edit... OK, I see you got antibiotics... Next stop, the dentist...

Dude, people die from infections in the gums... A broken tooth is one thing, because the nerve eventually dies, and it doesn't hurt... A mouth infection that gets to the brain can be really bad... Suck it up. You like hockey... Hockey players are tough... Hockey fans are tough... So you have a phobia... Get over it... You are tough... DO IT!

Edit... OK, I see you got antibiotics... Next stop, the dentist...

They actually told me that, as I suspected, there is no infection in the gums or the teeth. It's all in the cheek. Said I must have got something stuck in there or something. They checked my teeth and aside from the wisdom tooth possibly agitating my cheek, they're in good shape. He said he felt it would be best to have the tooth out but if it hasnt bothered me until now then it's probably not a huge deal.

When I describe it to him, before he looked, he said "Well, I'm betting it's a tooth" but then changed his mind once he checked me out. Then he was thinking possibly an infected gland, but he said that wasnt it either. He couldnt find anything else wrong and said it had to have been from a wound to the cheek specifically. So I am greatly relieved.

Last edited:
Back