So I just bought a '99 Miata.

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
The Porsche's days are done and I need a new ride. This Miata became available and I jumped on it: Green with tan leather, 53k miles. My girlfriend's mom is the only owner. It spent its entire life being driven around Santa Barbara by a 70 year old woman with the means to attend to every little thing. Best part: $3k.

It's being shipped Thursday and should arrive by 1/20. Pics to follow.

HNCD

3k should permit you a tidy little upgrade budget; 949 is going to be coming out with what looks like a killer budget street coilover suspension shortly and a Flying Miata voodoo kit would be a tasty little bump if you want more juice.

HNCD

3k should permit you a tidy little upgrade budget; 949 is going to be coming out with what looks like a killer budget street coilover suspension shortly and a Flying Miata voodoo kit would be a tasty little bump if you want more juice.
I have absolutely no idea what any of that means :lol:

Cool. I have always liked Miatas

I don't really see how I could have turned it down. I mean, what's an iconic car? Jeez. And I know the car's history and the price was impossible to resist. Hell, it's even a great color combo.

The only hitch is no A/C, but that's no big deal because 1) I haven't had a car with functional A/C since the Clinton administration, and 2) it's a convertible fer chrissakes.

I like Miatas a lot, but my son tells me that if I get one, I'll have to start wearing daisy dukes and a crop top...

Back