So I got myself a Weber

jbj

Poor old Geordie's array...
Decided last night at around 9pm (after about 8 pints in the pub) would be an opportune moment to set it up.

Couldn't get the legs to align with the kettle so gave up.

Went back to it this morning to find that I'd attached them to the lid of the thing :grin: :facepalm:

All is good now and I have a prime ribeye waiting to christen it.

Uh it has a bit you put charcoal on and a bit you put yummy steaks on :shrug:

Steak turned out great, I tried some sweet potato slices and those - not so much.

Round two tomorrow with some prime ribeye from the butchers :thu:
Potatoes take forever to cook on a grill. I slice them, add butter and wrap in foil. Cook them on the upper rack, but you'll have to start them well in advance of the steak.

u36kg.jpg

Nom!
I like to sear them while directly over the coals, then move them to the outer edge and cover the grill.
16422758055_3a70fa06ed_z.jpg

We used to have a Weber...loved everything about it except the wait time for the coals to be ready...

...I wonder if they make a mini grill, suitable for cooking for one on an apartment deck...

...brb...

We used to have a Weber...loved everything about it except the wait time for the coals to be ready...

...I wonder if they make a mini grill, suitable for cooking for one on an apartment deck...

...brb...
Get a charcoal chimney thing-a-ma-bob.
10045176.jpg

Is that the thing you use newspaper in the bottom, makes lighter fluid unnecessary?
I like the Weber starter cubes, the starter packs from home Dept or a little bit of white gas on the charcoal. Paper gets ash all over and burns too quick

Back