So I briefly checked out the new 2015 Les Paul standard

Same here, I keep the thumb at thr bavk of the neck classical style. Never had any problems with bends and I use a lot of very wide vibrato :shrug:

Same here, I keep the thumb at thr bavk of the neck classical style. Never had any problems with bends and I use a lot of very wide vibrato :shrug:

I use a lot of really wide vibrato too. Must be a proper thumb position thing. :embarrassed:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ditto for me. My uncle (who has classical guitar training, and gave me some pointers, when I first started playing), got me into playing classical style about 35 years ago. I have no problem doing bends with my thumb on the back of the neck. Classical playing style also facilitates making some fingering changes for certain chords, and it certainly makes it easier (for me at least), to move up and down the neck, and do certain lead licks.

Gibson can't even do a proper Plek job. Either that or the frets are wonky :facepalm:

LPS15H3CH1_NF_09.jpg
I love how the binding looks like it has ripples in the finish there. LOL

Understood, but, there really wasn't any sense in making the neck wider like this unless the nut was the factor.

That kind of change doesn't make sense. Narrowness of neck was never a complaint with LP's.
Plenty of other issues, but not that.
Hell, if they made a neck that had the '59 back shape but was only 1-5/8" wide I'd be in heaven.

All I have to add is good for them for using real MOP. It's not like the stuff is that hard to work with in cookie cutter form or that expensive. Bout damn time.

Back