So according to my teenagers....

What ever happened to MySpace???

Screen+Shot+2012-10-07+at+12.19.57+PM.png

And we all know that what teenagers believe is true...

It might be over for teenagers who want whatever is cool and new, but I think Facebook has gotten a position in society that MySpace never reached, and I don't see the influence of Facebook diminishing in the immediate future. Think of things like Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.; Facebook has simply found ways to link to those and make them content creators for Facebook.

I rather like Facebook. Sure, some people post useless crap on there, and stuff I disagree with, but I can choose not to let that stuff keep me from the benefits of Facebook.

Good
I knew if I waited long enough it would become passe and I wouldn't need to follow the other lemmings posting everything for the world to see....I was worried that I might need FB to pay my bills soon :gah:

Reactions: Tig
I can't see Facebook going away any time soon.

MySpace, Bebo and everything else that's gone before were primarily used only by teenagers and young adults for posting pointless shit.

You have grans, professors, celebs etc... all on FB and whilst 99.9% of it is pointless shit, it does has various benefits of use that most of the ones that died off didn't.

I can see how Facebook can be falling out of fashion somewhat with young people, simply because of the breadth of demographic now using it.

Fine by me, I find it to be an invaluable tool for many reasons. It is sometimes a pain, sometimes monotonous, but overall, a great platform for keeping in touch.

Back