Snow....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Denverdave, Oct 10, 2008.

Oct 10, 2008
  1. Denverdave Resident Ragamuffin

Yeah - the white fluffy stuff that floats down from the sky. We are supposed to get some late Saturday night. Probably only an inch or so and it won't stick to the streets, but still....

But the temps should be back to the mid sixties by Tuesday. Gotta love Colorado weather....

2. Oct 10, 2008
  3. Chihlidog n00b

Man, I love snow. Meanwhile, though we have had highs in the upper 50s to lower 60s here in beautiful Pittsburgh, PA....we have a gig lined up for Saturday and it is going to be 78. 78!!!!! I will be sweating my butt off, again. Just when I thought we were finished with shows in the heat for the year.

Oh well, at least it isnt gonna be 90 like it was all summer.

4. Oct 10, 2008
  5. Jake S. n00b

My Mom told me when she moved out from Chicago-area to Southern california (Palm Springs) it snowed like 2 inchs and school closed down...Her and her brother were confused because 2 inchs is nothing there :)

6. Oct 10, 2008
  7. Mark Wein :mad:

I miss snow.

It never gets cold in California anymore :(

8. Oct 10, 2008
  9. Denverdave Resident Ragamuffin

The average day for first snowfall here is October 18th, so we are close.

Actually, 8 years ago this week we had a freak blizzard that dumped 20" of snow on Denver. Since most of the trees still had all their leaves a lot of big branches broke and there were a lot of downed power lines.

I actually like snow, I just hate driving when the streets a slippery....

10. Oct 10, 2008
  11. Prages User Error

We usually don't get our first snowfall until mid/late November here, although I do remember getting some in mid October a couple of times.

When I was a kid, I remember getting at least 2 or 3 12"+ snowfalls every winter. It's probably been close to 10 years since I've seen we've gotten more than 6-8" at once though.

The most I can remember getting was in 1993, I think, and we got about 3 1/2 feet overnight. There were drifts 6-8 feet deep. Pretty much the whole state was closed for about a week.

12. Oct 10, 2008
  13. thredlok Guest

I remember leaving work in Downtown Buffalo the week of christmas 2001, just before a storm dropped 7ft of snow on the city. If I had left any later I would have stuck there for the better part of a week :p

14. Oct 10, 2008
  15. Phil513 n00b

When i lived in Palmer, AK, it pretty much always snowed the week leading up to halloween.

Like clockwork.