Smokers vs Vapers

The more annoying one....

• smokers

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • "vapers"

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
Both....but smokers are a bit worse due to the second hand smoke health issues.

I also dislike the indoor vapers.

And I agree with Dd Bb that they are going to find out sooner or later that vaping is bad for your health and a thousands will sue.

Both....but smokers are a bit worse due to the second hand smoke health issues.

I also dislike the indoor vapers.

And I agree with Dd Bb that they are going to find out sooner or later that vaping is bad for your health and a thousands will sue.

Well, we don't have enough research to know whether vaping has any impact in terms of 2nd-hand. I'm certain that it's exponentially less than that of a cigarette, just saying that we can't definitively say that it has none.

Well, we don't have enough research to know whether vaping has any impact in terms of 2nd-hand. I'm certain that it's exponentially less than that of a cigarette, just saying that we can't definitively say that it has none.
i'm guessing that the first hand smoke is going to be found to have all manner of bad stuff in it. and will have pretty bad health effects.

Well, yes. Not sure whether you're commenting on my post, though.
your post seemed to be focused on the second hand smoke and i agree that with vaping unless you're standing/sitting pretty close to the person smoking, you don't get much second hand. it disapates pretty quickly.

but the person doing the vaping is definitely going to experience the effects of whatever the heck is in that stuff, that nobody is making them disclose.
so i was going one step beyond what you said.

I was referring to the effect on the vaping individual themselves rather than the second hand smoke from vaping. I should have worded that more clearly.

Smokers. I only vape green and it's completely different than the vape as replacement for cigarettes. I have a friend that is constantly pushing vaping limits, by vaping in restaurants and places where he clearly shouldn't do so, and if called out on it he says, "It's just a vape! It's not like a cigarette harming anyone!" and turns mega-bitchy.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't mind cig smoke outside. Inside, no, no, no, but outside, I kind of like the faint smell of a cig. FWIW, I quit smoking 29 years ago and haven't had one since.

Vaping is annoying and sometimes it smells pretty strange.

Smoking annoys me more. Vaping I'm not a fan of but if someone is doing it at least I don't go home needing a decontamination shower to get the stink off.

The worst would be a Vapor in a Starbucks.

No

A Vapor in a Starbucks working on an Apple Computer.

No -

A Vapor in a Starbucks working on an Apple Computer wearing a flannel shirt.
with a Abe Lincoln beard

Saw some shithead vaping in the bread isle at Safeway the other day. Wanted to kick him in the asshole. I'm old enough to remember seeing people smoke in grocery stores.
I once saw a lady in Macy's accidentally brush the tip of her cigarette against three very expensive blouses and quickly look around to see if anyone was watching. People used to smoke anywhere and everywhere.
Now I hate the smell of cigarettes and absolutely loathe the smell of smoke and perfume together.

Vapers. Because as Kerouac friend shows, they are so smug and self righteous. Kids are buying into the lie that vapes are safe. Like Kerouacs friend they will attempt to argue when you tell them they cannot vape freely in public. My son tells me that vaping is an epidemic among kids in high school, and until this year were not banned at schools in Ca. Kids would vape in class, in the halls, etc..

Smokers know what they are doing is wrong by now, and tend to slink off and smoke in secret.

Now, the smell of cigarettes is more annoying than the smell of vapes, though vapor is annoying to many people... but that is a different question.

edit:
As for the "safety" of vaping...

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/vaping-linked-host-new-health-risks

Saw some shithead vaping in the bread isle at Safeway the other day. Wanted to kick him in the asshole. I'm old enough to remember seeing people smoke in grocery stores.
I once saw a lady in Macy's accidentally brush the tip of her cigarette against three very expensive blouses and quickly look around to see if anyone was watching. People used to smoke anywhere and everywhere.
Now I hate the smell of cigarettes and absolutely loathe the smell of smoke and perfume together.

Remember when people would let a cig burn in the ashtray in a restaurant and take hits between bites?

:chow2:

And guy-liner....

But it goes with the he-hive

imgres-7.jpg

Back