Smart Car Tipping!

They aren't tipping Teslas (think that might be hard) they are tipping Smart cars http://www.smartusa.com/

I can total see that...I remember putting a friends VW beetle on the sidewalk after he parked it and went in to get something...we told him he was drunk and drove it there. I can't remember if he was drunk but I'm pretty sure we were...it was pretty easy to move though as I recall. Smart cars look smaller and lighter than a 70's era VW

In high school, we used to pick up a guy's MG and just "twist" in the parking spot so that he couldn't pull out until at least one of the cars beside him left.

He always tried to park amongst the football players' cars and talk about it like it made him cool.

We didn't have special parking spots or anything. We'd just end up parking near each other because we showed up around the same time.

...and we left late because we had practice after school. Sooooo... he left late too. :grin:

reminds me of one time in high school, when me and some friends messed with one of our friends while he was at work at arbys.
he had a '67 Subaru 360 (very small light car). we picked it up and set it down on a narrow sidewalk. none of the tires were touching the ground.

he was NOT pleased when he got off work :grin:

A pretty asshole-y thing to do.

If you check the comments on social media about this stuff, it seems that a lot of people truly believe the owners of these cars deserve to have stuff like this happen to them. Really makes you lose faith in humanity.

Reactions: Tig
My brother Jon had a tiny Honda hatchback from the early '70s. I think it even had a motorcycle engine in it.

Anyways, it was pretty small and very lightweight, he had his tipped over on several occasions.

In high school, we used to pick up a guy's MG and just "twist" in the parking spot so that he couldn't pull out until at least one of the cars beside him left.

He always tried to park amongst the football players' cars and talk about it like it made him cool.

We didn't have special parking spots or anything. We'd just end up parking near each other because we showed up around the same time.

...and we left late because we had practice after school. Sooooo... he left late too. :grin:
we did this too.

It sure isn't worth going to jail for.
I do like the creativity used in this case, however.
theres-been-a-wave-of-people-tipping-over-smart-cars-in-san-francisco.jpg

The other night Seth Meyers said it was assumed to be vandals, but could have just been a stiff breeze :lol:

In high school, we (the track team) would move around the baseball players cars. One of them even ended up on the administration building's lawn. Oops.

Also, when I was a kid, we lived next to an alley that was designated no parking for fire access. Every time there was a big event at the fairgrounds, the alley (and sometimes our front yard) would fill up, so Dad and friends would bounce-move enough of the cars to cause an actual blockage and then place anonymous calls to the police and fire depts. Parking tickets for EVERYBODY!

I went to high school with a guy that had a Gremlin. Guys used to pick it up and sit it on blocks so he couldn't drive it. No damage was ever done to the car, though.

Back