Slotted bridge posts. Has Gibson ever used them?

Interesting turn of events. They guy posted photos, and his guitar is a genuine Gibson. Someone before him had swapped the Gibson TOM for a Tone Pro bridge. I shouldn't have been surprised because the same person apparently swapped out all the Gibson pots for aftermarket ones, and put EMG pickups in.

You'd want to swap out the Gibson pots if you installed EMGs. And if they were 300k pots, you'd probably want to swap them anyway.

I know how to do basic setup on a guitar, tuners are locking Grovers and the nut is a Graphtech. Even with a crappy bridge it should stay in tune. It's fucking ridiculous.

Have you tried just opening the nut slots a bit? Every tuning problem I had with my Les Paul was due to the nut slots being too small and shallow.

Have you tried just opening the nut slots a bit? Every tuning problem I had with my Les Paul was due to the nut slots being too small and shallow.
I had some finishing work done on my Les Paul nut because it had tuning problems. It seems to hold tune fine now. To the original poster, have you had a professional finish the nut slots?

What bridge is that? (I'm not a Gibby geek, obviously :grin:)
I'm at my wits end with my LP and swapping the bridge is the last resort I'm at now, swapped out everything else and the fucker just won't stay in tune for more than 2 songs unless heavily lubricated. I love the sound of it, but it just can't be used on any gig if I can't sort the fucking bastard out.
If you haven't already, put a bone nut in the LP. It helped mine tremendously. Also, each time you change strings a small drop of nut sauce helps as well.
I played a 3 set gig last night and only had to re-tune a couple of times( not counting tuning changes)

I had some finishing work done on my Les Paul nut because it had tuning problems. It seems to hold tune fine now. To the original poster, have you had a professional finish the nut slots?
Sadly, the "professionals" at Gibson should be the ones doing that job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back