Simple pleasures.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
i finally invested in a few LED lights for gigs and after hauling them around in the boxes this weekend I decided to go get a gig bag for them. And the next time I need them I'll buy the fourth light to fill the bag out. It's nice to have twonfor the stage area and two for the crowd in poorly lit situations. And the best part is that I don't need a light truss. We just hold them onto my Mackie PA speakers using the fly points.

IMG_5126.JPG
IMG_5127.JPG
image.jpg

In one of my old bands, the bass player was an electrical engineering major and he did an internship at some electronics company that did lighting systems. So he built us a light system that had a foot controller so we could control the lights while playing. He ended up having to work it because I was usually drinking and could only focus on playing guitar :grin:

In fact here's - some funky wireless moodlighting fun from Wednesday wedding :)

What's the model number of that bag actually?

I'm totally rejigging my lighting rig and the stuff is coming this week, I'll need new bags and those look like they would do nicely.

SIDENOTE: I know it's a tiny part of a bands thing but if any of you guys are getting into DMX or want to put together some light shows rather than just setting and forgetting or putting it on sound to light then let me know and I'll give you a hand.

Back