Shubb Capos - Still The Best

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
I dig them!!! Much easier to use than my Kysers and the best part, it stays in tune!

Great story on the history of Shubb Capos

I thought they were one of the best until I got my Elliot. That thing is amazing. Of course, for what they cost new they better fucking be.

Sorry.... I'm a G7 guy. Simpler, lighter, and more elegant.

I have 3 of them, but the Celtic is my favorite because the patterned area is so easy to grip.

G7th-Celtic-Capo.jpg

Agree Shubb is the best reasonably priced capo.
I also like Paige because you can store it behind the nut(on some guitars and banjos) .

Also agree nothing beats an Elliot or McKinney. But I got guitars that cost less than those. I'd just loose the damn thing.

I have used, over the past 50 years, almost every type of capo around, and the Shubb is my choice. The Paige is my capo of choice for my 12-string, since I tune it down to D and keep the capo on it.

Sorry.... I'm a G7 guy. Simpler, lighter, and more elegant.

I have 3 of them, but the Celtic is my favorite because the patterned area is so easy to grip.

G7th-Celtic-Capo.jpg
Those are my favorite too. I've also got 3 of the Dunlop Trigger style capos which work just fine, but with these G7s, I don't have to fear that it will pop out of my grip dinging my guitar, etc. Plus these G7s seem less intrusive and bulky.

Back