Show us your "studio"!

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
With the recording fests underway I thought it would be cool to see what you guys are working with...

Here's mine:

IMG_2098.jpg

iMac
Mbox2 mini
Roland Vdrum set (currently in the hallway :embarrassed:)
Shure KSM27 mic
I'm recording with Protools LE 8.

Guitar wise I am just using modeling software (Eleven Free and GTR Solo) this time around...no amps and the only thing on my recording that will be mic'd (so far) is my voice.

We'll see how this works out....

This is an old pic, and I've rearranged it slightly...moved the monitors, etc.

Studio4.jpg

These are newer pics.
Firepods.jpg

Drums.jpg

GuitarRig.jpg

BassRig.jpg

This is my studio / man cave :) (my basement)

I had no intention of hooking my other PC to my TV, but on a whim i tried it and ... the rest is history. I have some this software that I run on my main PC that will let me share the mouse and keyboard with my recording PC. Its pretty sweet, when the mouse hits the edge of my desk PC it bounces over to the one across the room.

Anyway... I use:

Reaper
SM57
Presonus Firebox

DSC00893.JPG

DSC00891.JPG

DSC00896.JPG

Then there is the little mini-kitchen and pool table

DSC00897.JPG

I was thinking about posting a pic of mine, but it'd reveal me as the utter slob that I am...

OK, i just rearranged my living room. Now i dont have to move anything around. This will be much nicer.

HPIM0903.jpg

Man, you have a whole living room. That is awesome. I get one little corner of my bedroom.

Man, you have a whole living room. That is awesome. I get one little corner of my bedroom.

I dont even have a couch. hahahaha.

My bedroom has my computer, printer, TV and eveything else thats normally in the living room. biggrin

This will be much more conducive.

Now THAT is a beautiful thing!

And apparently Micwalt and I are the only ones that use stand alone recorders anymore. :embarrassed:

At least im in extremely good company.

Back