Should I do it?

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Should I do it?

Sooo.... I have the lead on a Bogner Atma head selling for a pretty awesome price. If I bought it, I would need to sell my 5150 iii 50 watt.

If i didn't end up liking it, I could always put it for sale at the same price that I would buy it at(if not more).

The Atma has some killer specs... Bogner Atma All-tube Guitar Amplifier Head Features:

3-channel, 18-watt all-tube guitar amplifier head
Channels include clean, crunch, and lead
Power attenuator gives you 3 power choices: 18 watts, 5 watts, or 1 watt
3-way voicing control delivers the tones and vibe of the '60s, 70's, or '80s
Powered by EL84 power tubes with an EC81 rectifier tube
3-way bright switch
Add your favorite pedals via the effects loop
Compact aluminum enclosure

From what I read, it can go from Fender Bassman or Tweed to raging distortion... that's pretty awesome to me. as much as I love the 5150 III 50 Watt, I've never been in love with the clean channel. From what I am reading, the Atma has a surprising amount of headroom.

I love the 5150 iii blue channel with a boost. I'm just not sure if I can get the same kind of compression with the Atma.

What do you think?

I've never tried either of those amps. I don't think either are really my thing. If you love the 5150, I wouldn't bother with buying an amp you have never played.

No.
You like what you have.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It doesn't do the brutalz that the 5150 does... but it sounds really good at lower volumes. are you having issues with the kids in the house and you're trying to keep the volumes low?

I also think it's a little pricey for what it is.... a Mesa Rockerverb 25 could be had for 2/3rds the price.

It doesn't do the brutalz that the 5150 does... but it sounds really good at lower volumes. are you having issues with the kids in the house and you're trying to keep the volumes low?

I also think it's a little pricey for what it is.... a Mesa Rockerverb 25 could be had for 2/3rds the price.
mmmm...Mesa.

I'm sure that the Atma is a killer amp. But unless you play a lot of small gigs or record complex tunes in one take it's a not a wise use of funds.

Back