Shopping for new acoustic amp...

I had an Acoustic AG60 but even at 60watts I had trouble hearing it on stage with a full band. The amp itself was really nice sounding bit didn't cut it. I sold that and got a Fishman Loudbox at 100w and it worked out much better in a band setting.
Did you use an amp stand? Did you smack the drummer upside his head and say "play softer"?

these techniques allow smaller amps!

Did you use an amp stand? Did you smack the drummer upside his head and say "play softer"?

these techniques allow smaller amps!

Yep tried all of that but in a punk/pop/whatever band I would have had to kick the other guitar player and bass players ass and that just wouldn't work because they usually told me to turn it down. Bunch of pussies. I just found that the AG60 didn't have quite enough oomph to cut it with stage and monitor volume. I think it may have been the small speakers. I think they were 2x8 or 210.

Yep tried all of that but in a punk/pop/whatever band I would have had to kick the other guitar player and bass players ass and that just wouldn't work because they usually told me to turn it down. Bunch of pussies. I just found that the AG60 didn't have quite enough oomph to cut it with stage and monitor volume. I think it may have been the small speakers. I think they were 2x8 or 210.
I see... :cool:

Got to borrow a used Trace Elliot TA50R for last night's gig...seriously thinking that this will be the one, if we can agree on the price!

DV016_Jpg_Large_480104.jpg

Back