shocker, NPD

Chad

Slender Hobbit
So I haven't been able to find the right reverb pedal. I was going to go for the Keeley reverb, because I think it would do what I want it to cheaper than the Blue Sky from Strymon. Then I get a message from one Guitar Heel saying he was thinking about letting his go, so I snagged it. This will hopefully be the last gear purchase for a while.

IMG_2501.jpg

So I really got to mess with the Strymon the last 2 days. Amazing. It can do some crazy Afterneath reverb or some straight up Fender amp style reverb. The favorite setting that Guitar Heel left on there is plain crazy. The repeats get louder than the actual note you play and if you play a chord or note with the volume down and then roll it up, it sounds like an organ. I really like this reverb.

So I have my fuzz, od, delay (although I wouldn't mind a more traditional delay to add to it) and my reverb. So next up is finding the right phaser. The MXR for the most part has a great sound, but there is a noticeable volume bump when you kick it on and it is at the high end of the sweep so that first note is a tad on the ice picky side. I am going to wait until I sell a few things before I really start looking.

:thu:

I've never found a phaser that I could really get along with...

My brother in law used to use a plain old Boss Phaser Shifter and he sounded great with it. Then again, he sounds great with anything. I'll probably end up with the Mojo Hand FX Nebula for starters.

Want!
Getting the Bassman recapped for my birthday. Will need a good verb pedal that can do the surfy 60s thing well.
Right now I have a borrowed Digitech but I gotta give it back to the guy.

Want!
Getting the Bassman recapped for my birthday. Will need a good verb pedal that can do the surfy 60s thing well.
Right now I have a borrowed Digitech but I gotta give it back to the guy.

They are pricey and it you just want a 60s surfy sound, you can get that for much less. If you want a reverb that can do the 60s surfy and some whacked out crazy reverb and anything in between, then this is it.

Back