Share Your Current Gig Rig!

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
Here are my simple blues rigs that I have been using for my 3rd Saturday of the month gigs.

Used this setup for the month of February. Gretsch Clipper>TS808>Tweed Super. Had to repair my Super so this is the first time I have had it out since.

Randy's Rig - S.jpg

My other Blues Rig which has been superb for me. Gretsch Clipper>TS808>Fender Excelsior.

Excelsior Blues Rig - S.jpg

View attachment 25982

I have a Boss Reverb to add in if needed. If the room is live, I won't use it.

My go to quick setup

Guitar>Small Board>Quilter 200>Cabinet with Celestion Neodym Classic

CB Mini V3.1 - S.jpg

Gig Rig - S.jpg

I haven't had a gig in 12 years. This is a pic of my last gigging rig. I only used the Mesa Mark I on the right.
BodegasGear.jpg

Reverend Flatroc ->Boss TU 3- Tuner ->CMATMODS Ratified - > CMATMODS Signa Drive -> EHX LPB1 -> EHX Neo Clone Chorus -> HardWire DL8 Delay - > Vox AC15 Custom.

Electric rig:

Guitar that takes my fancy at the time
AKG wireless
2x Trace Elliot Super Tramp combos (one slaved from the other).
Controlled by Rolls RFX MP128 Midi pedal into a NUX PMS-2 switching unit.

Acoustic rig:

Yamaha FG411E Electro acoustic
Artec tuner/eq as a boost for single string work
Passive volume pedal used to mute when necessary
Thomann own brand passive DI box into the PA.

Last edited:
Right now this one. And it does sound quite good :wink:

Main guitar alternates between the Tele or my Chapman ML1, depending on the gig. The Boss board on the right used for the acoustic btw :wink:

image.jpeg

This gig is the biannual comedy review thing I do where I'm in the band.

The Pringles are history btw :grin:

[QUOTE="Dexter Inferno, post: 1258828, member: 159]

The Pringles are history btw :grin:[/QUOTE]

We know that. I think the is some kind of law in physics that states for every open can of Pringles there is an empty can of Pringles.

[QUOTE="Dexter Inferno, post: 1258828, member: 159]

The Pringles are history btw :grin:

We know that. I think the is some kind of law in physics that states for every open can of Pringles there is an empty can of Pringles.[/QUOTE]

Their slogan really checks out :embarrassed:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had been gigging with only My Taylor T5 and acoustic pedal board, but now I'm playing more electric and have expanded the rig:

501-1454250280-b3edaa494414666edc0693245c650206.jpg

474-1451955166-b696ebc06c2d3a326e5f497a16240663.jpg

Depending on the song, I could be playing the Taylor, the PRS Goldtop with rosewood neck, the new Piezo-equipped Super Strat I just built, the Landshark Star or one of a few other guitars.

The chain goes:
Frampton Wah
TC Sparkboost mini
Sonic Research Turbo Tuner
And then an ABY box. (this part could change now that I'm using dual outputs)

The acoustic path then continues to the Tonebone PZ Pre
I have the Boomerang III in the loop of the Preamp
The "tuner" out goes to the input of the TC G-Xt Harmony

The electric path goes through the Tech 21 RK5 pedal
into a Mesa Rectoverb 25 amp.

I mic the Mesa into the mix, the PZ Pre runs XLR Direct.

Most of the time, when I am playing a guitar, I end up playing through the PA system. My Taylor sounds fine to me, but I've been toying with the idea of getting an Fishman ToneDEQ Acoustic Guitar Preamp EQ. I kind of like the idea of having more control of my sound, and letting the sound guy worry only about balancing the vocals and guitar. On the other hand, I am happy with the Taylor Epressions 2 preamp, so I may just find a good reverb and delay sound for my acoustic work.
24828_Fishman_ToneDeq_AFX_Preamp_PRO_DEQ_AFX_a.jpg

As to my other giging opportunities, I generally go with this :grin::

IMGP1044_zps944dbc1b.jpg

Most of the time, when I am playing a guitar, I end up playing through the PA system. My Taylor sounds fine to me, but I've been toying with the idea of getting an Fishman ToneDEQ Acoustic Guitar Preamp EQ. I kind of like the idea of having more control of my sound, and letting the sound guy worry only about balancing the vocals and guitar. On the other hand, I am happy with the Taylor Epressions 2 preamp, so I may just find a good reverb and delay sound for my acoustic work.
24828_Fishman_ToneDeq_AFX_Preamp_PRO_DEQ_AFX_a.jpg

As to my other giging opportunities, I generally go with this :grin::

IMGP1044_zps944dbc1b.jpg

I love the Catalina Club kit. I had that same one years ago, wish I still had it.

I love the Catalina Club kit. I had that same one years ago, wish I still had it.

That kit is actually a little older than the Catalina Club kits. It's a 1980's Catalina Elite kit, but it's essentially the same as the Catalina Club series. It's a lot of fun to play and is easier to take to gigs than my 6 piece Catalina Maple kit (although it can be fun to go with lots of drums and cymbals when I'm not going far).

That kit is actually a little older than the Catalina Club kits. It's a 1980's Catalina Elite kit, but it's essentially the same as the Catalina Club series. It's a lot of fun to play and is easier to take to gigs than my 6 piece Catalina Maple kit (although it can be fun to go with lots of drums and cymbals when I'm not going far).

They must have modeled the club kit from it. It even had the same tom mount and mine was that same color.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I havnt gigged with the amp or the Soul Food yet, but will the next time.
The guitar is my Pawlonia-Allparts neck with Wilde L45s & L48tl.
Board is Nocturne Brain, Soul Food, Rat, Modtone Delay, Chili Picoso boost.

The amp setup hasn't changed since this photo. I don't have that guitar any more though, sold it when I got my SG as I never played it. Kinda regret it as it sounded awesome. In November I'll have had the amp for 10 years :eek:

Pedal wise I just use an ancient vox wah (to be gutted and replaced with BYOC innards as it'd nackered), korg pitchblack tuner and a behringer eq in the fx loop for lead boosts. I'm replacing the eq with a Boo Booster or MXR micro amp as it's a bit noisy and I'd rather keep it simple with one knob. Also have a BYOC tubescreamer but it hardly gets used.

Last edited:
Back