Seymour Duncan Full Shred Pick-ups

GreatDane

"up yours, baby."
Anyone have any experience with this SD pickup? Here's the website write-up:

application
High output tone for heavy rhythms and speed riffs. Used for classic rock, heavy rock, hip hop, fusion and aggressive solo playing.

description
Double rows of Allen screw pole pieces help fine tune the high end, leaving a tone that's fat and chunky, yet perfectly defined for speed riffs. Gives tonal control in high-gain situation. Less aggressive than an SH-6 Distortion. More articulate than an SH-5 Custom. Comes with four-conductor hookup cable.

complete setup
Available in both neck and bridge models-- most commonly used in the bridge position. The Full Shred neck pickup has reduced output and more treble for tonal versatility.

guitars
For balanced and warm instruments. Works especially well with rosewood fingerboards.

available mods
Trembucker. Available in 7-string. Colors (humbucker spacing).

players
Riggs/Rob Zombie (bridge), Phil Campbell/Motorhead (bridge), Chris Rest/Lagwagon (bridge)

specs
Magnet type: alnico 5 bar, D.C. Resistance 7.4k-neck, 14.6k-bridge

Apparently this clip was done using them - pretty interesting playing, IMO:

Yes. I have one in a Charvel that's down for Fliyd Rose repair.

It's on the hotter side but not crazy. They seemed to do a pretty good job of not killing the treble and making it all muddy. For its output, it's rather articulate. The clean sound is a little dead compared to the Telecaster and TV Jones pickups I love. It's ok but a clean freak might not love it.

It replaced a Duncan Custom and I like it MUCH better than the Custom. That was a woofy grunt of a pickup.

Back